Flash 40% discount

Gypsy

Flash 40% discount

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Have to say when I first logged on and saw the flash 40% off sale I was intrigued and went to look....

Was equally intrigued when I saw several items on my wish list qualified for 40% off ....

Till I noticed the price increases 😳

Really voids any 40% off discount. SLC has still not truly grasped the concept of giving a discount , of having a sale or what clearance means

So I didn't purchase either of the items. Even when I truly want a certain piece, I wont over spend just to say I own it.
15 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: Flash 40% discount

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
3 years ago
Have to say when I first logged on and saw the flash 40% off sale I was intrigued and went to look....

Was equally intrigued when I saw several items on my wish list qualified for 40% off ....

Really voids any 40% off discount. SLC has still not truly grasped the concept of giving a discount , of having a sale or what clearance means

So I didn't purchase either of the items. Even when I truly want a certain piece, I wont over spend just to say I own it.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding the online discounts. I have gone ahead and shared this with the team responsible for the online discounts. If there is anything further feedback you would like to share, please don't hesitate to share with us. I hope you have a great day!
6 x

CC

Post by CC » 3 years ago

Gypsy, they have absolutely grasped the concept. They know exactly what they are doing. Every time there is a good clearance coupon code everything in my wish list goes up too. Examp!e, watch. $111.99 I believe it was for weeks. Then they do 30% off coupon code, but it doesn't apply to watch so price is still $111.99. Then they do Mothers day special 31% off coupon. I Go to check on watch to see if 31% off coupon code will apply, and once again, as usual they have raised the price to of the watch to $149.99 and of course now the 31% off coupon will apply resulting in cost of $110.99. So a saving of $1.00. They know exactly what they are doing, pricing games they continue to play, but that's okay, because they are definitely saving me much money.
11 x

SuzyQ82

Post by SuzyQ82 » 3 years ago

Hmmmmm .... attempting to provide feedback from previous posts and it appears "the forum does not exist". Hmmmmmmmm................
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Gypsy wrote:
3 years ago

@Gypsy I'll have to check it out, but in the past I have gone to my wish list to ask myself why did I even put this on the list? It must have been at a one time only price at the time, coz they would never have a discount large enough for me to spend that much on that particular piece. Do you think that would be the case here?
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 3 years ago

@Gypsy
I totally agree! Prices go up on nicer pieces when a coupon is applicable. No savings..no joy. :(
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston If you could let the higher ups know that those of us who having been shopping with you for a while know how much items normally sell for so when they raise the prices when there is a discount we know. They never use to do this when I first started shopping here and now when I see the prices being raised when there is a discount it makes me want to shop somewhere else because it makes me feel like they are being dishonest. When we have an item in our wish list for a certain price waiting for a good coupon code to make it more affordable it is very disappointing to see the price $100 more, they are losing sales by doing this and your competitors are gaining new customers.
10 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

I've seen this for a while now. Like my favorites list. I go back and forth to see if something is cheaper. So I can buy it. 2 items that I've already bought and know how much they were. Stainless steel cross pendant with chain and ring with natural stone. I bought two sets. One for my husband's mother and his aunt. I won them on the auctions. But I've seen them on the regular site. The original price was $9.99. A couple of times for $19.99 then down to $6.99 and go all the way up to $29.99!!!! That doesn't make any sense. It's the same exact jewelry set. Same item number.
8 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Oh my gosh. Some of the rings for 40% discount I’ve looked at many many times. I can’t believe the mark up. Then offer 40% off doesn’t even bring it down to what it was before! That’s disgusting! I found one that I liked and was not marked up which I bought. I may cancel because it’s a sz7 which might not fit and won’t be returnable. But overall it’s insane.
7 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston If you could let the higher ups know that those of us who having been shopping with you for a while know how much items normally sell for so when they raise the prices when there is a discount we know. They never use to do this when I first started shopping here and now when I see the prices being raised when there is a discount it makes me want to shop somewhere else because it makes me feel like they are being dishonest. When we have an item in our wish list for a certain price waiting for a good coupon code to make it more affordable it is very disappointing to see the price $100 more, they are losing sales by doing this and your competitors are gaining new customers.
Thank you so much for pointing this out to me, I have gone ahead and forwarded this feedback to our online discounts team as well. If there is any further feedback you would like to provide, please don't hesitate to share. I hope you are having a great day!
1 x