Tuesday ( 5/12) Coffee ☕☕☕

Angelflutter

Re: Tuesday ( 5/12) Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by Angelflutter » 4 years ago

OMG... This could be an endless post. Maybe we need to start chapters. Ha ha. :oops: :lol:
8 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 4 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

I think you lived my life. And comic books were a nickle. There was almost an uprising when they went to 11 cents.

My folks had an account at the store and they paid for everything they bought for the previous month on the first. Consequently I never saw any money change hands. One day i had a powerful hankering for some gum. We very rarely got sweets, candy or gum. I got told a definite "NO!" Well, I put a pack in my overalls pocket anyway, minus the stick of gum that went into my mouth. Not being the mastermind criminal I got caught before we hit the car. I think my jaw working up and down at a furious pace had something to do with it. I really did not know that I had done anything wrong because I had never saw anyone pay for anything at the store! The chewing out was monumental. Then I was marched back in to apologize, have the gum put on our tab, and give back the remaining gum. I think I was almost 4. Thus ended my career as a criminal.
Oh JQ, I bet that gum tasted so good for the short time you chewed it! I remember vividly being in the seat of the cart (buggy in the South), and being pushed while mom shopped! I also remember Mr. Peanut came around down an isle and I freaked out! I hated Mr. Peanut. The closer he got the more I screamed! I never liked disguises and I would run from Santa. LOL! No surprise I hate clowns too!

I had one of those metal cash registers too! Play money was awesome especially play coins! :P
6 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 4 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

I think you lived my life. And comic books were a nickle. There was almost an uprising when they went to 11 cents.

My folks had an account at the store and they paid for everything they bought for the previous month on the first. Consequently I never saw any money change hands. One day i had a powerful hankering for some gum. We very rarely got sweets, candy or gum. I got told a definite "NO!" Well, I put a pack in my overalls pocket anyway, minus the stick of gum that went into my mouth. Not being the mastermind criminal I got caught before we hit the car. I think my jaw working up and down at a furious pace had something to do with it. I really did not know that I had done anything wrong because I had never saw anyone pay for anything at the store! The chewing out was monumental. Then I was marched back in to apologize, have the gum put on our tab, and give back the remaining gum. I think I was almost 4. Thus ended my career as a criminal.
[/quote

Oh JQ, I bet that gum tasted so good for the short time you chewed it! I remember vividly being in the seat of the cart (buggy in the South), and being pushed while mom shopped! I also remember Mr. Peanut came around down an isle and I freaked out! I hated Mr. Peanut. The closer he got the more I screamed! I never liked disguises and I would run from Santa. LOL! No surprise I hate clowns too!

I had one of those metal cash registers too! Play money was awesome especially play coins! :P
@OSCOTT. I'm picking up on not liking costumes, Disney characters at the amusement park, and vivid memories of being scared by clowns!!! To this day!
3 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

anniebelle wrote:
4 years ago
4 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
4 years ago
@OtherSideOfTheTracks

[/quote

@OSCOTT. I'm picking up on not liking costumes, Disney characters at the amusement park, and vivid memories of being scared by clowns!!! To this day!
:lol: :lol: I know! I don't like home decor with "faces" on the wall be that it is a family photo or art. I don't like to walk through a room and see eyes. Nope. lol
3 x

Angelflutter

Then you'd hate my doll collection
All kinds of little peepers watching.
6 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Angelf[u wrote:l[/u]utter post_id=33752 time=1589493604 user_id=1606]
Ha! I would enjoy them as you showed them to me and why you chose each doll.....then I would high-tail it out of there before sun down. :D
3 x

Angelflutter

:lol:
4 years ago
Angelf[u wrote:l[/u]utter post_id=33752 time=1589493604 user_id=1606]
Ha! I would enjoy them as you showed them to me and why you chose each doll.....then I would high-tail it out of there before sun down. :D
:lol:
4 x