audio ads and messages

kat7399

audio ads and messages

Post by kat7399 » 4 years ago

Am I the only one who is appalled by the choices ShopLC Marketing team is making?? what in the world is the reason that I must be attacked by albeit appreciation message as loud as possible with no chance of turning it off, of random people thanking me for doing my job?
I am a healthcare worker and yes I have no choice but to take a chance on being exposed by providing others care they need without knowing if they are infected. I get it...you are very welcome, I have ethical values, I do what I chose to do by my license. But lets think about a scenario...I have a few hours to unwind maybe even forget what I've dealt with today, I go to my favorite websites to browse and maybe even buy something in hopes that my throbbing head will forget that it needs to hurt after the long hours and the ridiculous amount of patience you need to treat folks and with a smile and kindness, THAT takes real effort after a few hours on endless days, only to be accosted by a loud noisy musical verbiage from numerous voices as though I don't already have THIS in my head!!??
LC Marketing team, please understand, we appreciate that you appreciate us, we even appreciate that you want the public to know you appreciate us, but maybe do this on TV, on Radio in a newspaper and email a discount for healthcare givers...literally one of HUNDREDS of other ways to show your thoughts. Please Don't attack me with a loud message expectantly and without an easy way to turn it OFF. I had to hunt to find the turn off in my tab!! Please consider what we go through and what we want when we log in to browse your products, I swear we will read the message and if there is a coupon we will use it and smile instead of throwing our laptops in the corner onto dirty scrubs. This delivery method is RUDE packaged in sincerity and you know... it's still rude and thoughtless. I already have stress and headaches and noise in my head, I don't need your ad to intensify it..I know my colleagues and I would appreciate the quiet when we have a chance to redirect our minds elsewhere. I beg of you, find another way to express your message, don't be offensive while sending a sweet message, just be sweet or at least kind. :o :( :shock: :?
Thank you
10 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Re: audio ads and messages

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

kat7399 wrote:
4 years ago
Am I the only one who is appalled by the choices ShopLC Marketing team is making?? what in the world is the reason that I must be attacked by albeit appreciation message as loud as possible with no chance of turning it off, of random people thanking me for doing my job?
I am a healthcare worker and yes I have no choice but to take a chance on being exposed by providing others care they need without knowing if they are infected. I get it...you are very welcome, I have ethical values, I do what I chose to do by my license. But lets think about a scenario...I have a few hours to unwind maybe even forget what I've dealt with today, I go to my favorite websites to browse and maybe even buy something in hopes that my throbbing head will forget that it needs to hurt after the long hours and the ridiculous amount of patience you need to treat folks and with a smile and kindness, THAT takes real effort after a few hours on endless days, only to be accosted by a loud noisy musical verbiage from numerous voices as though I don't already have THIS in my head!!??
LC Marketing team, please understand, we appreciate that you appreciate us, we even appreciate that you want the public to know you appreciate us, but maybe do this on TV, on Radio in a newspaper and email a discount for healthcare givers...literally one of HUNDREDS of other ways to show your thoughts. Please Don't attack me with a loud message expectantly and without an easy way to turn it OFF. I had to hunt to find the turn off in my tab!! Please consider what we go through and what we want when we log in to browse your products, I swear we will read the message and if there is a coupon we will use it and smile instead of throwing our laptops in the corner onto dirty scrubs. This delivery method is RUDE packaged in sincerity and you know... it's still rude and thoughtless. I already have stress and headaches and noise in my head, I don't need your ad to intensify it..I know my colleagues and I would appreciate the quiet when we have a chance to redirect our minds elsewhere. I beg of you, find another way to express your message, don't be offensive while sending a sweet message, just be sweet or at least kind. :o :( :shock: :?
Thank you
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We apologize if the way that this message was implemented came across as rude or insensitive. It wasn't intended to make anyone feel uncomfortable, and I passed along your feedback to our marketing and web teams so they can look into a different way to implement it. Thank you again for your feedback, and I hope you have a great day!
3 x

JWLHRDR

Post by JWLHRDR » 4 years ago

I am not a healthcare worker, so my problems are less severe than I thought they were when I started to write this post for the ShopLC people. I am praying for you and your coworkers.

But ShopLC: kat7399 and I cannot be the only ones to be annoyed and perplexed by this message type. This is web shopping, NOT TV. I still have not figured out how to turn it off. Please advise, I don't want to hear a ghost disembodied message of any kind. That is not the kind of relationship I want with my online vendor. it is intrusive, disruptive and certainly limits when and where I can open the site for the past few weeks. PLEASE ADVISE. Thank you.
7 x

TXgal

Post by TXgal » 4 years ago

Hi Kat! I agree totally. I do appreciate the tv ad with all of the people thanking the frontlines; however, I don’t like disruptive audio ads when I’m just trying to do a bit of online browsing. And I hear what you’re saying about needing some time to clear your head from all the noise you must endure throughout the day! I am not in the medical profession, but I too have a job where I must put on a smile and treat people with enthusiasm and kindness even when that’s not at all what I’m feeling on the inside. It’s exhausting sometimes!
I just thought I’d echo your sentiments - I get it! And I’d like to personally (and quietly) thank you for the work that you do.
And thanks for the post ... I do hope that the web/app people will take this into consideration not only now, but in the future.
I wish a happy, peaceful day on you...keep calm and carry on!
💖🌻🌺💃🏻🌈⭐️🛍
2 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 4 years ago

Hmmm! I am not receiving any audio ads on my iPad so I haven't any idea what you're talking about. I do know I would not like it either.
2 x