credit where credit is due

honey

Re: credit where credit is due

Post by honey » 3 years ago

Preston, When I am on the main page, there are no
prompts for ~ Community Forum or for ~~ login/logout.
Is that or is that not intentional?
thank you dear
4 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

honey wrote:
3 years ago
Preston, When I am on the main page, there are no
prompts for ~ Community Forum or for ~~ login/logout.
Is that or is that not intentional?
thank you dear
Good morning,

On my end, everything looks normal on Google Chrome on Windows 10. On the main shoplc.com homepage it has the links to sign in, access your account, and the community forum link, and on forum pages it shows my forum profile and the notification buttons. The mobile site also appears normal on my end, so it's not intentional. What browser and device are you currently using?
2 x

Moderator_Preston

Rolltide wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston I am on a 1 year old desk top with Windows 10, and using Internet Explorer, which is the same I have used for years, but all of a sudden starting yesterday, when I go to ShopLC.com, there is nothing at the top to login, and no icon for community forum. I arrived here by searching for ShopLC community forum. Also, yesterday I logged out, but when I went to reply just now, it took me right in as though I am logged in. I do have Chrome also, and it does bring me in with login bar and forum icon, but why is it doing this for Explorer? Also why am I logged in when I didn't log in? What is going on?
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I have reported this to our web team to look into why this is happening with Internet Explorer, and I was able to verify that there is an issue with Internet Explorer on my end. From my understanding, Internet Explorer has been left out of date in regards to features and compatibility since Microsoft has released their newer browser "Edge", so it possible it could be a compatibility issue due to that. In regards to it staying logged in, it could of been a disconnect from logging out of the main website, and the forum profile still being logged in or vice versa. If I hear back from the web team, I will make sure to keep everyone updated. I hope you have been having a great day.
2 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Moderator_Preston wrote:
3 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston I am on a 1 year old desk top with Windows 10, and using Internet Explorer, which is the same I have used for years, but all of a sudden starting yesterday, when I go to ShopLC.com, there is nothing at the top to login, and no icon for community forum. I arrived here by searching for ShopLC community forum. Also, yesterday I logged out, but when I went to reply just now, it took me right in as though I am logged in. I do have Chrome also, and it does bring me in with login bar and forum icon, but why is it doing this for Explorer? Also why am I logged in when I didn't log in? What is going on?
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I have reported this to our web team to look into why this is happening with Internet Explorer, and I was able to verify that there is an issue with Internet Explorer on my end. From my understanding, Internet Explorer has been left out of date in regards to features and compatibility since Microsoft has released their newer browser "Edge", so it possible it could be a compatibility issue due to that. In regards to it staying logged in, it could of been a disconnect from logging out of the main website, and the forum profile still being logged in or vice versa. If I hear back from the web team, I will make sure to keep everyone updated. I hope you have been having a great day.
Hello, I am using an old iPad, searching from Google, and it recognizes me automatically, I.e., I don't have to log in. . . In fact it says "hello, F...."
1 x

Moderator_Preston

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Moderator_Preston wrote:
3 years ago
Rolltide wrote:
3 years ago
Good afternoon,

Hello, I am using an old iPad, searching from Google, and it recognizes me automatically, I.e., I don't have to log in. . . In fact it says "hello, F...."
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your post. Are you currently running into issues on your iPad? If the "Remember Me" box is checked, it should keep you signed in unless you clear your cache and cookies, or if the device is reset.
0 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Moderator_Preston wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Moderator_Preston wrote:
3 years ago

Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I have reported this to our web team to look into why this is happening with Inte,rnet Explorer, and I was able to verify that there is an issue with Internet Explorer on my end. From my understanding, Internet Explorer has been left out of date in regards to features and compatibility since Microsoft has released their newer browser "Edge", so it possible it could be a compatibility issue due to that. In regards to it staying logged in, it could of been a disconnect from logging out of the main website, and the forum profile still being logged in or vice versa. If I hear back from the web team, I will make sure to keep everyone updated. I hope you have been having a great day.
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for your post. Are you currently running into issues on your iPad? If the "Remember Me" box is checked, it should keep you signed in unless you clear your cache and cookies, or if the device is reset.
Couple of days ago the screen was all jumbled as though they were maybe doing some major changes, I'd scroll down guessing as I went along, I believe I got in with no problems. Don't recall however that there's a Remember Me box, sometimes my name does disappear, and I have to get in manually.
1 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston

Let me try to clarify this for you. Lately on occasion the community forum button on the home page disappears. It disappears for an hour or two and then magically reappears. It never happened before the last 2 weeks or so. I am on Google/Chrome on a laptop computer. There are a couple of back door ways to get here, but it is inconvenient.
1 x

Moderator_Preston

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston

Let me try to clarify this for you. Lately on occasion the community forum button on the home page disappears. It disappears for an hour or two and then magically reappears. It never happened before the last 2 weeks or so. I am on Google/Chrome on a laptop computer. There are a couple of back door ways to get here, but it is inconvenient.
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have provided this to our web team as well so they can further investigate this issue. It appears to me an issue with the community forum button loading in correctly, but if I get a response from them, I will be sure to follow up. I hope your day has been going well!
2 x

honey

Post by honey » 3 years ago

greetings, about 8PM Eastern, my prompt for
Community Forum and Name log in/out is back.
4 x

Moderator_Preston

honey wrote:
3 years ago
greetings, about 8PM Eastern, my prompt for
Community Forum and Name log in/out is back.
Rolltide wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston I just got in the regular way on Internet Explorer. The forum icon is back, and the login bar is back as it has always been?
Good morning,

Thank you everyone for letting me know. It looks like the web team found out what was going on, and resolved the issue. Thank you so much for bringing up this issue, and I hope everyone has a great day!
4 x