Kanchanaburi Blue sapphire

anniebelle

Kanchanaburi Blue sapphire

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

whew!!! Can't help myself. My birthstone. So beautiful. Did anyone else buy this?
6 x

CJM

Re: Kanchanaburi Blue sapphire

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Remember one thing the blue sapphire stock LC has had recently is infused.
4 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Correction. Diffused blue sapphire
5 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Annabelle, I didn’t buy one I missed it. Yes it is a beautiful gem stone😊. I saw the blue Zircon ring, but when I came back they were on the bracelet🙁
2 x

anniebelle

CJM wrote:
3 years ago
Correction. Diffused blue sapphire
Is that all bad? My understanding is that most gemstones are, otherwise the everyday person probably couldn't afford it.
2 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@anniebelle Diffusion Treatment. ... Diffusion treatment consists of exposing the surface of a stone to certain chemicals combined with high heat in a furnace. Generally, only the surface color changes, so if you sliced the gem in half, the inside of the stone would be a different color, usually a paler, less valuable color.
8 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

Yes, I grabbed that big bad stone. It's my birthstone too & I had to have it !! They didn't mention that it was diffused during the presentation. It sold out, but later, as I was looking back through the last 25 presentations, one sapphire ring popped back in & I noticed in the description that it was diffused. I hope it's not a bad thing. The stone looked beautiful on TV. I also got the meteorite ring & the London Blue tennis bracelet. The prices were too good to pass up!!
5 x

anniebelle

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle Diffusion Treatment. ... Diffusion treatment consists of exposing the surface of a stone to certain chemicals combined with high heat in a furnace. Generally, only the surface color changes, so if you sliced the gem in half, the inside of the stone would be a different color, usually a paler, less valuable color.
Thank you. Therefore, an untreated stone usually would cost more? And, I just double checked, the specifications on my ring do not indicate the stones are diffused.
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@anniebelle all untreated stones hold more value but most have a heat treatment but depending on the treatment it can gravely affect the price, just like a FF Ruby, it is worth much less then just heated Ruby but most people could never afford a large just heated Ruby, that is why if you see a just heated Ruby they are usually under 3 carets. A FF Ruby for example is worth about $20 per caret.One of the ladies bought a FF ruby that is on this forum and she did not know that you should never put it in an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and it exploded, Shop LC should tell people this when they buy those, and one more thing lemon juice can also ruin a FF Ruby. Diffusion treatment is done to lesser quality stones to give a gemstone better color. If you go under the education section on the home page, it is in the upper right hand corner, you can pick what gem you want info on and it should tell you what treatment it has.
5 x

anniebelle

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle all untreated stones hold more value but most have a heat treatment but depending on the treatment it can gravely affect the price, just like a FF Ruby, it is worth much less then just heated Ruby but most people could never afford a large just heated Ruby, that is why if you see a just heated Ruby they are usually under 3 carets. A FF Ruby for example is worth about $20 per caret.One of the ladies bought a FF ruby that is on this forum and she did not know that you should never put it in an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner and it exploded, Shop LC should tell people this when they buy those, and one more thing lemon juice can also ruin a FF Ruby. Diffusion treatment is done to lesser quality stones to give a gemstone better color. If you go under the education section on the home page, it is in the upper right hand corner, you can pick what gem you want info on and it should tell you what treatment it has.
Thanks so much! I have used the education section frequently, even the one on the other channel . But there is still so much to learn. I had learned that the ultrasonic cleaners were dangerous. Think I'd be afraid of using one. I always use the specifications section when I make a substantial purchase .
3 x