Monday (6/1) Coffee ☕☕☕

Gypsy

Monday (6/1) Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Good Monday Morning All 🤗🤗

2:30am cst

Here super early writing this post for today. I'm sitting here toggling back and forth chatting at the other site and then typing here and drinking my coffee this morning. I've been feeling a bit nostalgic lately. So if you have a few minutes, grab a cup ☕ and relax for a minute. Do you remember.....

...When the worst thing you could do at school was smoke in the bathrooms or chew gum in class. Heaven help you at home if you got in trouble at school. School dances were held in the cafeteria or gym and curfew was midnight.
Kids went steady and wore each others class rings. No one ever asked where the car keys were because they were always in the car , in the ignition and the doors were never locked !
Stuff came from the stores without safety caps and hermetic seals because no one had tried to poison a stranger.

Don't you wish, just once... you could slip back to the past where you could savor the slower pace. Spend Summer days laying on our backs , looking at the sky, playing 'that cloud looks like....', playing tag, riding bikes, baseball games, and going to the pool. Afternoon spent reading Nancy Drew or The Hardy Boys, I've read them all !
How about Laurel & Hardy, Howdy Doody, The Lone Ranger, Roy & Dale Roger's, Martin & Lewis movies, The Shadow Knows...

At the end of the day, being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to what was waiting at home. We were in fear for our lives - not because of drive by shootings, drugs or gangs, we knew our parents already knew that we got in trouble at school.
It mattered and they cared and a 'butt spanking' was coming.
Somedays it feels nice to sit back think, "Yeah, I remember that ! Was it REALLY that long ago.

I know some are simply checking in to hear about the kittens, I havent seen them ☹ so I have no kitten news.

For me today is a day of errands and grocery scavenger shopping. Lots of exercise...
Carrying everything up and down 3 flights of stairs stairs 😯😯😓😓😖😖😵🥵 But if I'm able to find everything on my grocery and supplies "wish list"

HAPPY DANCE 💃💃💃
hope everyone has a marvelous Monday !

💞💞(((HUGS))) -Gypsy
8 x

Margui

Re: Monday (6/1) Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

Thank you, Gypsy for your great post.😊
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Gypsy, I really liked your column today. It brought back a bunch of good memories. I was one that’s snuck Out of school In high school to go eat lunch, we were not allowed leave school for lunch because it was a country school. Back in the 70s they actually had a Good size room for the smokers, I don’t remember what changed but they close that down have a good day
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Gypsy, perhaps you could attach a homing device on Sissy so you can track where she goes. Better yet, a small camera so you can see their colors and count noses!!! I asked yesterday about when these kittens would be ready, they said they're not born yet! I knew that, I'm just so anxious. We're hoping this little calico might produce a ginger kitty. Saw on YouTube a clip about a calico that had three kittens, one of each color!
5 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Gypsy, perhaps you could attach a homing device on Sissy so you can track where she goes. Better yet, a small camera so you can see their colors and count noses!!! I asked yesterday about when these kittens would be ready, they said they're not born yet! I knew that, I'm just so anxious. We're hoping this little calico might produce a ginger kitty. Saw on YouTube a clip about a calico that had three kittens, one of each color!
Whew, I didn't make sense here! The awaited litter here at an animal rescue group.
3 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 3 years ago

God Bless You Gypsy, my forum Gem of a Friend. If I was to say what gem you are it would have to many many many. You are a favorite of many
Teresa
Jt
6 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Good Morning Ladies
Glad that you enjoyed the post and
Hope you are all enjoying your day ☕

-Gypsy 🤗🤗
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Washington State Covid19 Update

Confirmed Cases = 21,977...Deaths = 1,124

Still holding down from previous averages 6 deaths today

I am once again encouraged. Hopeful this trend holds.
2 x