So far, so good...

RS

So far, so good...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Well...
Husband and I were doing some errands in town today, you know...the $500.00 club, spa store, lunch, music store, etc.. Dropped in to the jeweler in town I like with my AAAA tanzanite ring. Didn’t make an appointment for a formal appraisal so just asked if they could take a quick look and give me an idea.

At first glance at my ring (Two people were assisting me) their eyes became HUGE 👀👀!
Ok, good sign.

One of the jewelers took my ring and went to go into the back. I requested that I follow, she obliged. She and I sat while she looked at the ring.
She told me that while this wasn’t an official appraisal this ring is worth “well above $10,000” !!!!
Well alrighty then!
I am going to go in for a private appraisal while being present. (Had a bad experience once with a diamond ring at another jeweler in another part of the state) I will not leave this ring.
She did caution me to be careful that those stones are soft(?) and that two of them had a slight scratch on them 😩. I hadn’t even worn it yet other than to that store. I cannot see the marks at all and she still said their worth was the amount stated above.

I need the full-on written GIA certified appraisal for my insurance. That will most likely happen next week.
I am needless to say...DOING THE HAPPY DANCE! 🥰😆
8 x

Blossom

Re: So far, so good...

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Yay! Good info!
3 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

How much did you wind up paying for the ring? The hardness is 6.5-7 but it is advised it be worn with care because of the perfect cleavage.

They almost got me with that 13ct kunzite today; but, common sense prevailed as I don't want to have to put my arm in a sling to prevent me from banging the ring up.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
How much did you wind up paying for the ring? The hardness is 6.5-7 but it is advised it be worn with care because of the perfect cleavage.

They almost got me with that 13ct kunzite today; but, common sense prevailed as I don't want to have to put my arm in a sling to prevent me from banging the ring up.
I saw that ring, it was very tempting. And I agree, it gets a little unnerving wearing expensive pieces.

I ended up paying, after buying one again with a 25% off coupon $1,732.32.
I am extremely pleased with the price. It is a gorgeous ring. I saw that large solitaire last night but to me it looked more like an engagement ring. I wanted the three stone style.
4 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Wow, it sounds like you got your money's worth and then some. Good going!
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

!!!!! FINALLY !!!!!

This is what so many of us have been waiting for!

Not just a positive appraisal, but a positive appraisal from someone we TRUST to tell us the good and/or the bad!

AND THAT MEANS YOU, RS! 🥰 💐 🥰 💐 🥰 💐 🥰

I am SO happy for you! And, of course, ABSOLUTELY THRILLED that SLC really DOES offer such FABULOUS deals!

And I am also giving a shout out to SHOP LC!

WOWZA! YOWZA! WOWZA!

🥳 💎 🥳 💎 🥳 💎 🥳 💎 🥳
3 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Well...
Husband and I were doing some errands in town today, you know...the $500.00 club, spa store, lunch, music store, etc.. Dropped in to the jeweler in town I like with my AAAA tanzanite ring. Didn’t make an appointment for a formal appraisal so just asked if they could take a quick look and give me an idea.

At first glance at my ring (Two people were assisting me) their eyes became HUGE 👀👀!
Ok, good sign.

One of the jewelers took my ring and went to go into the back. I requested that I follow, she obliged. She and I sat while she looked at the ring.
She told me that while this wasn’t an official appraisal this ring is worth “well above $10,000” !!!!
Well alrighty then!
I am going to go in for a private appraisal while being present. (Had a bad experience once with a diamond ring at another jeweler in another part of the state) I will not leave this ring.
She did caution me to be careful that those stones are soft(?) and that two of them had a slight scratch on them 😩. I hadn’t even worn it yet other than to that store. I cannot see the marks at all and she still said their worth was the amount stated above.

I need the full-on written GIA certified appraisal for my insurance. That will most likely happen next week.
I am needless to say...DOING THE HAPPY DANCE! 🥰😆
We are very clad to hear this news! Thank you for sharing!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
!!!!! FINALLY !!!!!

This is what so many of us have been waiting for!

Not just a positive appraisal, but a positive appraisal from someone we TRUST to tell us the good and/or the bad!

AND THAT MEANS YOU, RS! 🥰 💐 🥰 💐 🥰 💐 🥰

I am SO happy for you! And, of course, ABSOLUTELY THRILLED that SLC really DOES offer such FABULOUS deals!

And I am also giving a shout out to SHOP LC!

WOWZA! YOWZA! WOWZA!

🥳 💎 🥳 💎 🥳 💎 🥳 💎 🥳

🥰❤️🥰
1 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

I am so excited for you too. Put a big smile on my face too! So pleased with shop LC .Wonderful news! I hope you wear it in good health and good luck!
3 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Who hoo!! Great news! This is exactly the kind of “score” that keeps many of us coming back. So so happy for you. Thanks for sharing. Has anyone taken the welo opals to a jeweler for an opinion? I’ve bought a lot cuz I LOVE them. Also hoping they might have some value too
2 x