Need feedback!

Gemsnob

Re: Need feedback!

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Mickie333 wrote:
3 years ago
I LOVE, love, love, love strontium titanate!!!!! It sparkles like no other and in sunlight when I'm driving and i"m stopped at a light sometimes I have to force myself to take my eyes off of my ring and get back to driving. I like it better than diamonds and even moissanite. I've owned it for years and years and in many colors! Plus it has such a cool story to it, the way the stone was discovered in nature AFTER it was created in the lab! What is not to love about this stone?
Actually it's the other way around. First it was created in a lab and later discovered in nature. The crystals were so small, it's not possible to cut and facet them. Also, strontium is used in fireworks to give them their brightness and color. ✌️
5 x

Margui

Re: Need feedback!

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

Mickie333 wrote:
3 years ago
I LOVE, love, love, love strontium titanate!!!!! It sparkles like no other and in sunlight when I'm driving and i"m stopped at a light sometimes I have to force myself to take my eyes off of my ring and get back to driving. I like it better than diamonds and even moissanite. I've owned it for years and years and in many colors! Plus it has such a cool story to it, the way the stone was discovered in nature AFTER it was created in the lab! What is not to love about this stone?
Interesting that Strontium Titanite is a natural gemstone, too. I thought was man made only.
3 x