Color change gemstones

anniebelle

Color change gemstones

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

If you need an ultraviolet light to see a change, what is the point?
5 x

Harlequin

Re: Color change gemstones

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Annabel, I have a color change garnet ring you don’t have to have that kind of light, it looks beautiful out in the sun and yes it does change, Without the ultraviolet light just go out in the sun it’s gorgeous.
2 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Annabel, I have a color change garnet ring you don’t have to have that kind of light, it looks beautiful out in the sun and yes it does change, Without the ultraviolet light just go out in the sun it’s gorgeous.
How about Alexandrite, have you any? Same thing?
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Did you get it at ShopLC? I’m interest in color change garnet.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

I purchased an Alexandrite ring for a customer of mine a while back (2 years?) I was not overly impressed with the color change as it was very slight but the customer was satisfied. I think she just wanted to be able to say she owned that particular gemstone.
2 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Last year I purchased 4 pieces of Alexandrite. The pieces were very pretty and the gemstones looked nice. But NO COLOR CHANGE. I ended up returning all of the pieces. Maybe with this gemstone they need to be "graded" quality. Still haven't convinced myself to try again. I would love to own this gemstone. -Gypsy
2 x

Harlequin

Yes Annabel I have one alexandrite ring, and I’m waiting on another one I ordered about a week ago. It changes colors but not as well depending on the light really pops I’ll just go to the skating rink and sit there and watch the ring. 🥴 Also changes by candlelight, it is also my oldest Daughters birth stone 😊
3 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

I have Alexandrite and the color change isn't that noticeable, but I still like it mostly for it's rarity. Color change Fluorite is my favorite. The pieces that I have are a pinkish lavender with inside light and instantly turn a beautiful medium blue outside. The change is dramatic !!. The other Fluorite color change is from green to yellow (goldish), but I don't like the green. The shade of green reminds me of the old time glass Coke bottles. You do have to go into the sunlight to witness the color change.
5 x

Harlequin

Margui: Sorry if I missed spelled your name wrong. Yes I got mine from Shop. L. C, my change is really pretty, I may just got one of the good ones. Have a great day. 😊
4 x

Harlequin

Horse power: I don’t have a color change fluorite I would like to try one, thank you for the feedback. Have a great day😊
4 x