Shungite

JewelryQueen

Re: Shungite

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Jace

Here is the scoop on Shungite. It is a mineral that is about 98+ percent carbon--yes basically coal. It is touted to cure everything from from pimples and hangnails to cancer and anxiety. it is also supposed to protect you from EMFs (electromagnetic fields) that cellphones, TVs, laptops etc. emit.

Firstly it does have some antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties-- if it has fullerenes. Only Elite Shungite has these. (read $$$ expensive here).

What it does really well is to act as a filter. It is 90 times more effective than plain carbon filters. So by all means buy a water bottle with a Shungite filter. This is probably it's highest and best use. Unless you have a suit of armor made from Shungite, your best bet for lessening the effects of EMFs is to sit at least 8-10 feet away from your wifi router. Avoid wearing wireless headphones for long periods of time and for God's sake you don't need your cell phone up to your ear 8 hours a day. Also don't sit with your laptop on your lap.(or belly if you are lying down).

What all the hoopla about Shungite on this forum is about is that they show it on live TV ALL THE TIME! Relentlessly. Night and day. Day and night. Sometimes for hours at a time. Everything from hats lined with it, to pyramids, pet beds, heating pads, wrist bands, paintings, bath mats, toothbrush holders, figurines, (none of which I would bet has the Elite version, so they are worthless--) to jewelry of course, Ad nauseum.

Whew! Glad I got that off my chest.
9 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

WOW! JQ
That was a great post...T Y, T Y, T Y so much..

Have enough "coal" (that's a joke) in my life! :D
7 x

redstarr1959

Post by redstarr1959 » 3 years ago

Add my name please

Redstarr1959
6 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 3 years ago

THE ONLY COAL I WANT TO SEE EVER AGAIN IS THE CHARCOAL THAT GOES IN MY BARBQ !!!! THE ONLY TANZANITE COLOR I EVER WANT TO SEE AGAIN IS THE TANZANITE COLORED PAINT ON MY MOTORCYCLE !!!!!!! :x :roll:
10 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I have had a problem with the shungite bead necklaces, they all have lost their luster but the worst part is the black sems to chip off and it is gold color under it, I sent photo's in an email to Danielle and never heard back, that was over a month ago or so. Why would it do that if it is real? Am I missing something? These are the $100+ bead necklace's.
6 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
I have had a problem with the shungite bead necklaces, they all have lost their luster but the worst part is the black sems to chip off and it is gold color under it, I sent photo's in an email to Danielle and never heard back, that was over a month ago or so. Why would it do that if it is real? Am I missing something? These are the $100+ bead necklace's.
Good morning,

If you would like, you can forward the email to me at preston.weaver@shoplc.com so I can help look into this for you?
0 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

I bought a Shungite stretch bead bracelet for $29.99 a long time ago just to check it out. I wore it one time and the beads started chipping, cracking, & flaking. Some of the beads have red underneath the dull black surface & some of them have a goldish color showing through. That was the deal breaker for me & I've never bought any since.
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Shungite has a hardness of 4 on the Mohs scale. It's so soft that it's really not suitable for jewelry. It's like taking a piece of charcoal, putting it into jewelry and expecting it to hold up. Before buying gems from anywhere, do your research.
7 x