Coupons!

JewelryQueen

Re: Coupons!

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@AncileeKaye

As an American by choice, and not an accident of birth, I take your comment(s) as inflammatory, even as I defend your right to express your opinion. Now I will express mine.

I have been a loyal customer of this shopping network for 10 years under various names. And yes, to some degree you are right in that the prices here are less than in most jewelry stores. There is a reason for that. You cannot see the product in person, touch it, try it on, and inspect it in great detail... nor do you get it immediately. We buy here on faith. Faith that the product is worth what we pay for it. Faith that it will be shipped out undamaged. Faith that it looks like what was represented to us. Faith that we will get it in a timely manner. Until this last year I have been thrilled with the product, prices, and in particular the customer service. Those things have not been up to par in many cases recently, and we have a right to complain about them.

And you are correct. Coupons are not a right. They are an enticement to buy when you otherwise might not. or would not be able to afford to. However, I hope you do realize that like other large jewelry outlets SLC takes the price it costs to fabricate a piece, or buy a piece, and multiplies it by at least 5 to come up with the price they sell that piece for. Rare is the business with a 500%+ mark-up!! In fact I know of no other. Would it break them up in business to throw the customer an occasional bone? And I don't mean marking something up 25%-30%from the price it previously sold at here and then giving a 35% off coupon. That is just plain deceptive. Under those circumstances I agree that not having a coupon is no great loss.

To conclude---Everyone's opinion is welcome here whether we agree with it or not. Post away!

PS Politeness goes a long way.
20 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

Hi to all the Tribe and Mods,
I have been waiting and waiting for the promo codes to return. Obviously there are some that would rather pay full price. Why are they shopping from a company that claims that their prices are much lower then others. I recommend companies such as GSN to ones that have unlimited funds.
Not only didn’t the promo codes return, but the prices on most of the items in my wishlist have gone up.
Many of my friends have given up and switched to other shopping channels.
For the first time in years, I dont have anything coming in the mail from Shoplc. The writing is on the wall.
I will always appreciate shoplc for making it possible to buy beautiful, affordable gifts for my huge family. I guess, All good things Must come to an end. I think other shopping channels Like JT. have noticed the changes Shoplc has made since Kevin left, and are wooing its customers with lower prices. I bought a few nice pieces.
Maybe, shoplc will one day return to what attracted my friends and myself for so many years. Then I think I will be back.
Love you all !!❤️
Vicky
18 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

I also have nothing coming in the mail from SLC. First time in weeks. I have one budget pay next month then nothing. I occasionally browse what has been aired and RA but nothing catches my eye. I'm no longer bummed or upset about the changes here because we have been complaining for a year and nothing changes for the better. It's blatantly apparent that those in charge have an idea what they want and it has nothing to do with us. I cannot continue to spend money with a company that basically tells their customers where to stick it. That's fine, my money is accepted elsewhere and I'm happy to spend it there. ❤️
16 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 3 years ago

Hello, Everyone ... well, only you "oldtimers" will recognize me.

Anyhow, sometimes it pays off to stay away for a while. Some of you remember back at the end of 2019 there were lots of coupons, applicable to all products (even the clearance items), and including free shipping. That's when my last order with LC was. (And my last post here was about blowing my budget at the J channel with the most incredible Burmese ruby and earrings. Sorry I didn't get back to you. You should see the sorry state of my bank account these days, LOL.)

Now to the point of this post. I received an email from LC saying "we miss you" and with the most incredible offer of a single price for each item included in the promo. I've taken days to go through the offerings (just under 200 items) and I finally made the plunge and bought a long, long, LONG list of jewelry. Mind you, none of it was quality jewelry. But it did include some sterling pieces that I can switch out the czs and add my own quality gems. And that long list qualified about 4 times over for the free shipping discount. Wow, call me happy camper ... at least today. (Now let's see what kind of shipment problems crop up with my order.)

I doubt there'll be another purchase here again. I've been watching the steadily rising cost of their most basic pieces. And the prices of better quality pieces have skyrocketed. Perhaps because they've added way way too many other products? It saddens me to see that none our suggestions and pleas for a return, even a partial return, to the old beloved LC have gone unheard and not implemented. Well, I might be checking in again every so often just to see if LC makes any good and worthwhile improvements. And I'll try to pop in a time or two to say hello again.

Love you all! Have missed the good banter I used to have with you oldtimers (and I say 'old' lovingly).
Hugs and xoxo, Scoobydoo
17 x

YEET

Post by YEET » 3 years ago

OtherSideOfTheTracks wrote:
3 years ago
HowRevelationary wrote:
3 years ago
This spoiled American is mom to a wonderful daughter born in another country to an unknown biological mother. It is an honor and privilege being her mom. If my family was a solar system, my daughter is the sun & we planets revolve around her. She is growing up into one of the best people I know.

This spoiled American is mom to a wonderful military son who has been told he will most likely be deployed by the end of the year to an unfriendly country. The US military has tens of thousands of sons and daughters helping to keep order around the globe. For that we get criticized & some ungrateful nations shirking their financial obligations to the United Nations while expecting the US to fully fund UN infrastructure and projects.

This spoiled American was raised by a wonderful Depression-era mother who taught her to save pennies; that there was no shame in shopping at yard sales, shopping at Goodwill, buying pre-loved vehicles and yes, clipping coupons. There is no shame in asking shoplc to bring back the site wide % off discounts. They have served us very well in the past. I am not a volume shopper, mostly use the rising auction, and haven’t really used the $50/free shipping promo much-maybe twice- since it started.

I’ve never asked anybody (including government) for a handout. Thank GOD I’m such a spoiled American. I wouldn’t have it any other way!!!

Thanks for reading, shoplc friends. Rant over. Have a WONDERFUL day!

Dear @HowRevelationary ,

You are one spoiled American mom and family I'm very proud of. Thank you and your family for serving our country ... and the world.

#ProudAmerican #NotSpoiled #IWantADiscountCode
props👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
9 x

YEET

Post by YEET » 3 years ago

I had a coupon that i was testing out for 35% off, and maybe buy me a nice pair of fancy-but-casual earrings when I get the chance, but the code says it was for first timers-something like that, you must be logged in- and I'm like ,"But I am logged in?!" so i log out and try it and it says the same thing again -.-
11 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
3 years ago
Hello, Everyone ... well, only you "oldtimers" will recognize me.

Anyhow, sometimes it pays off to stay away for a while. Some of you remember back at the end of 2019 there were lots of coupons, applicable to all products (even the clearance items), and including free shipping. That's when my last order with LC was. (And my last post here was about blowing my budget at the J channel with the most incredible Burmese ruby and earrings. Sorry I didn't get back to you. You should see the sorry state of my bank account these days, LOL.)

Now to the point of this post. I received an email from LC saying "we miss you" and with the most incredible offer of a single price for each item included in the promo. I've taken days to go through the offerings (just under 200 items) and I finally made the plunge and bought a long, long, LONG list of jewelry. Mind you, none of it was quality jewelry. But it did include some sterling pieces that I can switch out the czs and add my own quality gems. And that long list qualified about 4 times over for the free shipping discount. Wow, call me happy camper ... at least today. (Now let's see what kind of shipment problems crop up with my order.)

I doubt there'll be another purchase here again. I've been watching the steadily rising cost of their most basic pieces. And the prices of better quality pieces have skyrocketed. Perhaps because they've added way way too many other products? It saddens me to see that none our suggestions and pleas for a return, even a partial return, to the old beloved LC have gone unheard and not implemented. Well, I might be checking in again every so often just to see if LC makes any good and worthwhile improvements. And I'll try to pop in a time or two to say hello again.

Love you all! Have missed the good banter I used to have with you oldtimers (and I say 'old' lovingly).
Hugs and xoxo, Scoobydoo
@scoobydoo

HI 😊 we've missed you !! Sounds like you got an amazing deal !! I hope all of your bargins are PERFECT and Beautiful !! And especially that you have no problems with any of your new jewelry 🥰 dont be a stranger. Be Safe and Be well (((HUGS)))- Gypsy
14 x

IQueen

Post by IQueen » 3 years ago

I agree with Ancilley Kay (sorry for the spelling)--but if you've noticed, EVERYTHING has gone up in price due to the pandemic. Restaurants (if they're open at all) are charging additional fees or raising the price of food; grocery prices are up; and much that comes to the U.S. from overseas is higher due to fluctuating unavailability of raw and finished goods. I am also missing the fact that the coupons don't work on a large variety of items that they used to, like recently aired items and web-only items. However, I just hope that Shop LC can weather this global pandemic storm with us and go back to loosening their pricing strategies when this is over. Thanks for all the beautiful things that I have which I could never have afforded if not for you, Shop LC.
5 x

scoobydoo

Post by scoobydoo » 3 years ago

CC wrote:
3 years ago
In earlier days, what seems like a lifetime ago now, there was a 35% off coupon code all the time. Also, there was always a 40% off coupon code thrown in every few weeks. This was all the time. Now you are lucky to get a 30% off coupon code and when you do there's a good chance items that were listed at a lower price have actually gone back up in price, or the coupon code does not apply to items you are interested in. Oh, gone are the good old days.
25%, 30%, 35% discount codes were quite common in the past. It was the rare occasion when some kind of discount code was not available. LC also had something called Daily Deal, which offered up to 80% discounts on a wee selection of items. (I've got copies to prove it!)

I've just gone through all my screenshots of purchases over the last several years. For a brief period, from July through December of 2019, the discounts went up to 50%. Clearance items were NOT excluded from the discount. In fact, the offers were mostly sitewide, 8,000-10,00 items! For most of December, these discounts included FREE SHIPPING, regardless of total amount spent. It was a banner time for LC and its customers. Then everything fell apart after Christmas.

Those of you who've been here only 6 months or less haven't seen these types of offers ... that truly "brought joy" to us all. Perhaps that's why you don't understand why longtime customers appear to complain, gripe, bemoan the past, or whatever. No, we've just wanted LC to bring back all the things that made us so happy.
15 x

OtherSideOfTheTracks

Post by OtherSideOfTheTracks » 3 years ago

scoobydoo wrote:
3 years ago
CC wrote:
3 years ago
In earlier days, what seems like a lifetime ago now, there was a 35% off coupon code all the time. Also, there was always a 40% off coupon code thrown in every few weeks. This was all the time. Now you are lucky to get a 30% off coupon code and when you do there's a good chance items that were listed at a lower price have actually gone back up in price, or the coupon code does not apply to items you are interested in. Oh, gone are the good old days.
25%, 30%, 35% discount codes were quite common in the past. It was the rare occasion when some kind of discount code was not available. LC also had something called Daily Deal, which offered up to 80% discounts on a wee selection of items. (I've got copies to prove it!)

I've just gone through all my screenshots of purchases over the last several years. For a brief period, from July through December of 2019, the discounts went up to 50%. Clearance items were NOT excluded from the discount. In fact, the offers were mostly sitewide, 8,000-10,00 items! For most of December, these discounts included FREE SHIPPING, regardless of total amount spent. It was a banner time for LC and its customers. Then everything fell apart after Christmas.

Those of you who've been here only 6 months or less haven't seen these types of offers ... that truly "brought joy" to us all. Perhaps that's why you don't understand why longtime customers appear to complain, gripe, bemoan the past, or whatever. No, we've just wanted LC to bring back all the things that made us so happy.
Scooby, you explain it perfectly. I've really have missed you and I hope you visit more often and/or STAY! :)
14 x