So sad...

Grizzy

So sad...

Post by Grizzy » 4 years ago

We don’t have cable (by choice) and since we use an antenna for certain channels like Shoplc, we lost the signal when we had to rescan all the channels the other day☹️
Now I can only see Shoplc on my phone which just isn’t the same! We also lost other channels that I liked watching.
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
3 x

RS

Re: So sad...

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Grizzy wrote:
4 years ago
We don’t have cable (by choice) and since we use an antenna for certain channels like Shoplc, we lost the signal when we had to rescan all the channels the other day☹️
Now I can only see Shoplc on my phone which just isn’t the same! We also lost other channels that I liked watching.
Awhh...no. We have satellite. If you have internet, do you have an iPad?
1 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 4 years ago

We too have no cable by choice. Sometimes during a storm the Shop LC and other channels will get lost after we rescan, sometimes for a week or so. But it always eventually comes back. Hopefully it’ll return for you soon. You might want to rescan your channels every so often to see if it comes back.
2 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

Yes & no. We have one tv that is only on antenna. When I rescanned...lost some channels (they weren't coming in well to begin with), had some channels reappear (that I hadn't seen in months) & had to keep adjusting antenna for other channels. Very frustrating! Fortunately, SLC is on my satellite & is only interrupted during inclement weather. Maybe re-adjusting your antenna would help w/reception? Good luck Grizzy, I feel your pain!
1 x

Grizzy

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Grizzy wrote:
4 years ago
Awhh...no. We have satellite. If you have internet, do you have an iPad?
Nope, no iPad ☹️
2 x

Grizzy

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody! I’ve tried rescanning a couple times and fiddling with the antenna but still nothing. Still holding out hope though!
3 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

Grizzy wrote:
4 years ago
Thanks for all the suggestions everybody! I’ve tried rescanning a couple times and fiddling with the antenna but still nothing. Still holding out hope though!
I've run into the same issue where I decided to rescan to see if I could pick up new channels in my area and ended up losing some that I was already getting. Thankfully a day or so later I was able to do a new scan and regained the original channels. I'm not sure about your TV, but I discovered on mine that there's a way to do a partial scan, where it won't touch the channels you're already getting, it'll just scan to see if any more can be added.

Our programming can also be viewed via our website, or through a SmartTV, Amazon FireTV stick, Roku, or our latest offering, Xumo.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

What is this “scanning for new channels”? Just curious 😀
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

RS wrote:
4 years ago
It's for customers who use an antenna to pick up local over the air channels in their area, instead of using cable or satellite to receive TV programming.
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Moderator_Stephanie wrote:
4 years ago
RS wrote:
4 years ago
It's for customers who use an antenna to pick up local over the air channels in their area, instead of using cable or satellite to receive TV programming.
Ahh..gotcha 👍🏼

Haven’t used an antenna since I was a kid, that’s what there was in those days. And back then I guess scanning was dad on the roof moving it? 🤣
2 x