Monday (7/27) Coffee ☕☕☕

Gypsy

Monday (7/27) Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Good Morning Monday,
once again !!!

🌴🐚🌴🐚🌴🐚🌴🐚🌴🐚🌴🐚🌴🐚🌴🐚🌴🐚
3:20 am cst

Did you know that on Mercury a day lasts for 1,408 hours 😳 funny, that's how long our Mondays can feel on Earth 🌎 😊

So as long as we have all this cyber 'time' on our hands, shall we share a cuppa cyber 'coffee' and chat 😊😊 let's use the big mugs today !

☕[CLINK]☕

Already sounds and feels like too much Monday and not enough coffee !

I've heard that sometimes taking the time to do nothing will bring everything into perspective. 🤔

But....there are gonna be those times when 'perspective' flies straight out the window and I just want to know where my order is !!!! (MODS : I've already sent email 😊) I'm really hoping I don't have candles sitting unnoticed and melting in the Texas heat 😧 and since they "shipped" last week, no blaming HANNA !🙂

On Happy Dance note ..all kittens and Sissy are accounted for. 💃💃 They came and ate, slept, played and are once again sleeping 💤💤 . I do wonder what they thought of thier first Hurricane 🙀

I've been reading so many comments about the RA's and since I haven't shopped the RA in awhile, I think I'm going to spend some time looking around while its quiet. So ladies AND gentlemen, hope all is good for you today and that you at least find a reason to Butt Wiggle today 🥰 mine is an all out Happy Dance 💃 💃 💃

💞💞(((HUGS))) -Gypsy
8 x

anniebelle

Re: Monday (7/27) Coffee ☕☕☕

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

@Gypsy , so glad to hear the kittens didn't get blown away! Momma must have found a good place to keep them safe. Had a pretty quiet weekend here, just playing with Milo. He is so feisty, wants to wrestle all the time. I'm trying to discourage it . . . He bites! No scratching With claws, but lots with those razor sharp teeth! My arms and hands are a mess! @JewelryQueen , what do you recommend to heal them quickly? I'm thinking with all the oils and such, something has to help to minimize the scaring. I already have so many from previous kitties!
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

I’m glad Sissy and the kittens were safe from Hanna. Kitties are survivors. Klunk and Garfield survived “Windy witch” Irma. She was horrible and came to Florida as Category 2. The National Hurricane Center retired her because of the destruction she caused in other states.
5 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Gypsy, loved today’s post. My favorite tree 🌴, favorite bird Hummingbird love 🐚 ‘s, and love the ocean, of course only been to Florida. Loved the Keys and Naples Florida the best. Have a great day 😊
3 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

I have never found an effective way to reduce the appearance of existing scars (although there are some claims in that area).

That being said, to reduce the development of scarring from fresh wounds up your intake of Vitamin C and add Grape Seed Extract supplement. This will up your body's production of collagen and strengthens the cell membranes for faster healing. C is also an antioxident. This combo also has the happy side effect of helping your skin stay younger looking for longer.

After swabbing with hydrogen peroxide to keep the nasty germs at bay, it is imperative to keep the wounds moist while healing. Plain old petroleum jelly will work. Personally, I like to break open Vitamin E oil capsules and gently rub on. PURE lavender oil works good and is mildly antiseptic as well. If I feel like going to the trouble I will mix a small batch of the two oils. Once scabs form-- resist the impulse to scratch or pull them off! Keep exposure to sunlight to a minimum while healing.

Of course the best way to prevent scarring is to not get bitten in the first place. If you dip your fingers in Angostura Bitters before play time the taste will usually keep kitty from chowing down on you. Some folks say tobasco sauce will work too. but I worry you may touch your eyes--and that would not be a good thing!

Hope this is helpful!
5 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

"Think of many things....do one".
----------Porteguese proverb
2 x

anniebelle

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle

I have never found an effective way to reduce the appearance of existing scars (although there are some claims in that area).

That being said, to reduce the development of scarring from fresh wounds up your intake of Vitamin C and add Grape Seed Extract supplement. This will up your body's production of collagen and strengthens the cell membranes for faster healing. C is also an antioxident. This combo also has the happy side effect of helping your skin stay younger looking for longer.

After swabbing with hydrogen peroxide to keep the nasty germs at bay, it is imperative to keep the wounds moist while healing. Plain old petroleum jelly will work. Personally, I like to break open Vitamin E oil capsules and gently rub on. PURE lavender oil works good and is mildly antiseptic as well. If I feel like going to the trouble I will mix a small batch of the two oils. Once scabs form-- resist the impulse to scratch or pull them off! Keep exposure to sunlight to a minimum while healing.

Of course the best way to prevent scarring is to not get bitten in the first place. If you dip your fingers in Angostura Bitters before play time the taste will usually keep kitty from chowing down on you. Some folks say tobasco sauce will work too. but I worry you may touch your eyes--and that would not be a good thing!

Hope this is helpful!
Thanks so much! I'll scrounge around here to see what I have. Yes, In His case prevention is key, we're talking about a kitty that throws himself at me with mouth open. I suspect his foster family roughhoused with him!!!
4 x

Hayhaypaula

Post by Hayhaypaula » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle

Hope this is helpful!
Thanks so much! I'll scrounge around here to see what I have. Yes, In His case prevention is key, we're talking about a kitty that throws himself at me with mouth open. I suspect his foster family roughhoused with him!!!
@anniebelle

I have to first say, I am no expert on raising cats! I can't have any due to allergies! But, I've raised many many litters of dogs, for my entire adult life! Whenever I find that one of the pups is developing a bad habit, I like to redirect its energies into a good habit. In your case, I would buy kitty toys meant to be chewed, and redirect the kitty to only chew the toy. When Milo comes at you with mouth open, perhaps you could have a toy at the ready to aim into his mouth instead of your arm, hand, finger? You could get several and keep a few in your pocket ready for the attack. Then play with him, and that toy! Eventually, he should get the idea!

Whenever puppies got in the habit of biting me, I would fake a loud "yelp" (aye, aye, aye) because they understood that meant I was hurt! If that didn't stop the biting, I would literally take their paw and bite it myself, enough to hurt! I would always accompany any redirection with a voice command - in this case I would command, "dog's name, no bite!" This doesn't seem like the thing to train kitties, though! Having never raised any! It's just a thought.

I would always try to replace bad behaviour with good! For instance, I would offer an acceptable chew toy, encouraging them to take it with their mouth, and play with them using the toy! My interest in the toy usually made them interested in that toy! I found that the more I played with an item, the more they wanted it! If they chewed one of my shoes, I would take away the shoe, and immediately replace it with a toy! By being ready to replace the bad behaviour with something that was acceptable, they developed "new" habits! They usually got the message! Of course, since cats are hunters, you'll never break Milo from his natural instincts. Hopefully, you can find a way to redirect him from "hunting" you! Perhaps a motorized mouse? If you lived on a farm, I'll bet he would be a great "mouser"!

Best wishes! Hayhaypaula
3 x

anniebelle

Hayhaypaula wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle

Hope this is helpful!
@anniebelle

I have to first say, I am no expert on raising cats! I can't have any due to allergies! But, I've raised many many litters of dogs, for my entire adult life! Whenever I find that one of the pups is developing a bad habit, I like to redirect its energies into a good habit. In your case, I would buy kitty toys meant to be chewed, and redirect the kitty to only chew the toy. When Milo comes at you with mouth open, perhaps you could have a toy at the ready to aim into his mouth instead of your arm, hand, finger? You could get several and keep a few in your pocket ready for the attack. Then play with him, and that toy! Eventually, he should get the idea!

Whenever puppies got in the habit of biting me, I would fake a loud "yelp" (aye, aye, aye) because they understood that meant I was hurt! If that didn't stop the biting, I would literally take their paw and bite it myself, enough to hurt! I would always accompany any redirection with a voice command - in this case I would command, "dog's name, no bite!" This doesn't seem like the thing to train kitties, though! Having never raised any! It's just a thought.

I would always try to replace bad behaviour with good! For instance, I would offer an acceptable chew toy, encouraging them to take it with their mouth, and play with them using the toy! My interest in the toy usually made them interested in that toy! I found that the more I played with an item, the more they wanted it! If they chewed one of my shoes, I would take away the shoe, and immediately replace it with a toy! By being ready to replace the bad behaviour with something that was acceptable, they developed "new" habits! They usually got the message! Of course, since cats are hunters, you'll never break Milo from his natural instincts. Hopefully, you can find a way to redirect him from "hunting" you! Perhaps a motorized mouse? If you lived on a farm, I'll bet he would be a great "mouser"!

Best wishes! Hayhaypaula
Thank you for the idea of redirecting to toys too. He has plenty of those, including the ones he chose himself ( spoons, pens, SLC boxes) lol. Anything he can chase across the hardwood floor! I bet he would like a motorized mouse.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

Yes chew toys are a must!!!! Not just cloth ones either. Fairly soft plastic or rubber ones, and tied on a string to dangle or flop around to mimic prey will be particularly attractive-- and also burn off some energy while keeping the teeth away from your hands and arms. 15 minutes three times a day is sufficient.

Be careful to not overstimulate your kitten with too much petting. Yes, you can pet a cat too much, This irritates the hair follicle receptors and is annoying, if not downright painful, and can cause your kitty to bite.

Also the previous method of saying OWWW in a high pitched voice when bitten, followed by immediately walking away and ignoring for a few minutes will get your message across.

Don't be faint of heart. If you can avoid too much damage, most cats are done teething by six months of age.-

PS Be careful your kitten does not switch to chewing on electrical cords. That can be dangerous--and expensive!
5 x