Magnetic Jewelry

Lulu

Magnetic Jewelry

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

Just what makes these pieces magnetic? I'm not talking about the magnetic clasp. Went to their website and nowhere is it explained how these pieces become magnetic.

Also, it is my understanding that people with pacemakers should stay away from magnetic jewelry. Is this addressed in the presentations?

If you wear really long earrings with a magnetic necklace, will your head be pulled to one side when the earring gets stuck on the necklace? j/k :D
2 x

RS

Re: Magnetic Jewelry

Post by RS » 4 years ago

There are actual magnets in the jewelry. The theory behind it is the magnets attract the iron in our bloodstream to aid in circulation. I really don’t see that it could work as the magnets would need to be much more powerful.
And yes, anyone with a pacemaker is advised not to wear magnetic jewelry.
Some of the jewelry is attractive however it is all tone. If someone wants the jewelry to help their circulation they would be wearing it quite a lot so tone would not be durable.
I remember magnetic jewelry became all the rage in the 80’s. It was pretty much debunked. I am surprised to see it’s return. However like I said, the designs are nice and much more attractive than they were years ago.
3 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Lulu wrote:
4 years ago
Just what makes these pieces magnetic? I'm not talking about the magnetic clasp. Went to their website and nowhere is it explained how these pieces become magnetic.

Also, it is my understanding that people with pacemakers should stay away from magnetic jewelry. Is this addressed in the presentations?

If you wear really long earrings with a magnetic necklace, will your head be pulled to one side when the earring gets stuck on the necklace? j/k:D
😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆🤣😂🤣😆😂
1 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I googled it when shop lc started selling it recently and most of what I read online said it does not work and yes you should not wear them if you have a pace maker, I had sent a message to them while they were selling it on air and told them they should tell people this and they did not respond or tell anyone about this.
2 x

Catticus

They DEFINITELY need to state this ON THE AIR and in the descriptions of these items online! My mother has a pacemaker!

She's had three heart attacks early this year. One main ventricule was 99% blocked, another main one 97% blocked. She had stents placed in and went into A-Fib but was fine as soon as they got the stents in. She's in her 90's! She has other major health issues, too.

I didn't know this about magnetic jewelry! It's a good thing my mother isn't into jewelry. She never has been. She's always said: "I don't know where you girls got your love of jewelry!"

My parents met in school, began dating in HS, my dad was drafted as soon as he turned 18, so requested a deferment so he could graduate.

After graduating, he was sent to Texas in the blazing heat for "Basic Training" (they didn't call it 'Boot Camp' then), then he was sent straight to Germany - all of the regiment wearing their summer uniforms in the freezing snow in Germany! He said they did finally get their winter uniforms...the next SUMMER!
🥶

He fought in The Battle of the Bulge, was wounded twice; has two Purple Hearts. With his regiment, they freed death camps in Germany. A horrific memory.

When he got home, he went to school, became a Design Engineer, and married my mother. Both have never dated others.

She couldn't get pregnant so they adopted an infant girl, then two years later an infant boy. Then two years later she was at her doctor's office and he had this slight grin on his face. She said "What's that look on your face about!" He laughed and said: "You are pregnant...and with TWINS."

She said: "Then YOU get to tell my husband!"
😂

She's always worked for doctors so knew them well (small town) and could talk "shop" with them. My dad's response was a typical "Engineer Response": "Well there's nothing we can do about it, so why worry about it."
🤣

They've been married 70 years. And it SCARES ME AND MY TWIN TO DEATH. And to think we were worried sick when they were in their 70's...
😑

We've "hung out" with them all our lives. They're not just our parents, they're our friends. My sister and I used to joke that we'll each get straightjackets in 7 different colors that fit our "color schemes" for when IT happens.

But lately...it hasn't been funny. I know I''m going to lose it. I will never be the same. It's going to blow my gasket. I'm going to need The Lord to work SOME HUMONGOUS MIRACLES.
🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 🙏🏻

🥺🥺

SOOO...my twin and I are a "mistake" - I mean an "accident" - I mean we're "late babies" - I mean we're "SURPRISES"!

👶🏻👶🏻 👼🏻👼🏻 🥜🥜 👩🏻👩🏻
5 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

Catticus that is such a beautiful story and I am grateful for your dad having served this country and keeping it safe.
3 x

Catticus

Thank you, Gem Lover! That is such a sweet thing to say!

I'm SO proud of him. He isn't the type to talk about it. Not because of anything like trauma, he just isn't a man who talks about himself.

I have had to DRAG information out of him and it was like pulling🦷🦷🦷!!!

He's willing to answer anything about it, but he uses military terms and I have to say "WAIT! STOPPPPPP!"

We did a LOT of camping as kids. My sibs and I called the campsite restrooms "The Latrine" and when talking about our vacations some of the kids at school would say "THE WHATTTTT?!" We'd laugh and say "Oops. That's my dad's military word for it. Sorry! Meant to say 'bathrooms'".
😂
1 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Thank your daddy for his service.

My daddy too served. He was in the army long before I was born. He was in during the Korean War.

So...you must recall SOS? I love it and fix it to this day!

Sadly my parents are no longer with me. They are together however...they passed 4 years ago - 10 days apart. 😢
2 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Depending on the item there are actual magnets built into the jewelry pieces. I have several bracelets and love them all. The answer to the pacemaker question is yes they do mention that if you wear a pacemaker then you should not buy. There is mention of other reasons you should not buy but they escape me at the moment.
0 x

Catticus

RS wrote:
4 years ago
Thank your daddy for his service.

My daddy too served. He was in the army long before I was born. He was in during the Korean War.

So...you must recall SOS? I love it and fix it to this day!

Sadly my parents are no longer with me. They are together however...they passed 4 years ago - 10 days apart. 😢
Thank you, RS.

That's so sad - 10 days apart. 🥺

Oh yes...I know about SOS! But I just cannot eat it! 🤢

My dad still loves it! He also loves "food" that was their "rations". I say to him: "HOW CAN YOU EATTTTTT THAT?! THE WAR IS OVER, DAD! YOU CAN EAT REAL FOOD NOW!" 😆

He just laughs and says: "I LIKKKKKE IT!"
1 x