2020 census

anniebelle

2020 census

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Has everyone done their census yet? How many pieces of mail have you received asking you to do so? We have laughed a lot about it here because everyone received two identical pieces In one mailing. Two more the next day. Two more about a week later. Another piece, postcard I think to call to take it over the phone. Last week or so yet another one. By now I have lost track. Today someone from our management came around to take it again! Asking for middle initial, age, race, and HERITAGE. That was weird! Told her I didn't know, that I never went back any further than American! Am I unusual?
6 x

Jace

Re: 2020 census

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

Yes,, Anniebelle...I submitted on-line...then I got a postcard...

Isn't that "just like the government"???
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

I have received ZERO in the mail regarding the census. Many months ago (before Covid) a lady with a name tag came to the door with a notebook. She asked how many people lived at this address, and left. I believe this is because mail delivery is not available at my street address. Anyhoo--I completed the census form online because every single person in my age group (old) needs to do this, in order to get a cut of the pie for affordable housing, and senior center funding, bus routing, etc. My age group is "under served" and will continue to be so- unless we take this once in a decade opportunity to stand up and be counted!
8 x

honey

Post by honey » 3 years ago

already mailed 2mos ago. :D
6 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

Doesn't it make you wonder????

If all those postcards have gone out,
And get counted...do we have twice the population...or what?

Maybe even triple the amount. :lol: :D
3 x

HowRevelationary

Post by HowRevelationary » 3 years ago

Done online. Always tempted to write “human” on the race question when filling out forms😺

I still remember Mr. Hansplant, high school (Anthropology?) teacher pounding his fist on the desk, saying “there is ONLY ONE race, the HUMAN race, people!”

So this census seems to be going well & organized *not*— just like mail-in voting...what could possibly go wrong?!😬
7 x