Auctions

buyitall

Auctions

Post by buyitall » 3 years ago

I can’t help but be puzzled??? I have been trying to win a blue Swarovski crystal Calvin Klein bracelet for weeks to give as a gift. I know they aired for $9.99. But people are actually winning them for $50 on the auction site! Tonight on tv they aired the clear crystal ones...which I have seen bidders win for $50. They sold them for $9.99 again! Do these people not watch the regular programming? Puzzles me. I’m still trying to win a blue one....but not going to bid high like these people.
7 x

Tothemoon

Re: Auctions

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

it happens often with the Swarovski items where someone bids on almost every Swarovski item at $39 or $49 per item though the actually selling price is $9.99 or less. Like you said either the bidder isn’t aware of the actually selling price and thinks the estimated retail price is the selling price, or it’s a scam. I’m sure SLC is monitoring these bids to make sure those people are paying for their items or stopping them from future bidding if it’s a scam, right SLC? At one time yesterday someone had over $2500 in bids when the actual SLC selling price was maybe $600 for all of those items. We’ve complained but it continues to happen, but I suppose if these bidders are actually paying SLC then it is what it is.
4 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Tothemoon wrote:
3 years ago
it happens often with the Swarovski items where someone bids on almost every Swarovski item at $39 or $49 per item though the actually selling price is $9.99 or less. Like you said either the bidder isn’t aware of the actually selling price and thinks the estimated retail price is the selling price, or it’s a scam. I’m sure SLC is monitoring these bids to make sure those people are paying for their items or stopping them from future bidding if it’s a scam, right SLC? At one time yesterday someone had over $2500 in bids when the actual SLC selling price was maybe $600 for all of those items. We’ve complained but it continues to happen, but I suppose if these bidders are actually paying SLC then it is what it is.
Good morning,

We do actively monitor overbidding, and when users regularly do not pay for won bids. Per our terms of service, users can be suspended if they regularly do not pay for their auction wins, especially in cases of overbidding. I hope this clears things up!
2 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Hello buy it all: you can find those bracelets if you go to the regular ShopLC, click on “jewelry, bracelets” then narrow it down to Swarovski. They are there for $9.99. Let me know if you find them. You won’t have to bid for anything.
5 x

Tothemoon

Post by Tothemoon » 3 years ago

Good morning,

We do actively monitor overbidding, and when users regularly do not pay for won bids. Per our terms of service, users can be suspended if they regularly do not pay for their auction wins, especially in cases of overbidding. I hope this clears things up!
[/quote]

Yesterday it was Bev. Then Carmen took over. Carmen’s $39 and $49 bids for $9.99 or less items end in about 1/2 hour. So after Carmen’s bids end anyone desiring Swarovski items might actually find some deals. It seems like when we complain these outrageous bids stop for a while, but they’ll start up again another a different name.
7 x