Invoiced for an item I did not purchase!

bluez

Invoiced for an item I did not purchase!

Post by bluez » 4 years ago

I had not been watching Shop LC on TV or online. Came back to the computer to find an email confirmation for some Fringe Earrings. I did not place this order. I called and got it canceled, but isn't that odd? How could that happen? (And it did have the $3.99 shipping)

Has this happened to anyone else?
Bluez
2 x

Spooky

Re: Invoiced for an item I did not purchase!

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

Did you get hacked? Change your password!
2 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

I had a size nine heart ring on my shipping did not order it and they cancelled it and still shipped it to me.Now I have to send it back I wear a size 5.
1 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

That stuff is UNACCEPTABLE! I've never had that happen but wow...that's just unbelievable! What if neither of you had caught it & ended up w/return hassle (at the least). Password change might not be bad idea.
2 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 4 years ago

Glad it was not a 4.000.00 ring!
4 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

bluez wrote:
4 years ago
I had not been watching Shop LC on TV or online. Came back to the computer to find an email confirmation for some Fringe Earrings. I did not place this order. I called and got it canceled, but isn't that odd? How could that happen? (And it did have the $3.99 shipping)

Has this happened to anyone else?
Bluez
Good afternoon,

We deeply apologize that this happened. We recommend calling in at 877-899-0078 to get your PIN changed, and using an anti-virus software to scan your device to make sure that everything is secure on your device. Thank you again for your message, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
1 x

jojosmom

Post by jojosmom » 4 years ago

Moderator Preston, I would have YOUR systems checked since it was SLC that made the mistake.
3 x

Barbara

Post by Barbara » 4 years ago

Has anyone else had their credit card hit for a dollar when placing an order? Mine did and when that happens it sends up a red flag that something is not right. I had a nice conversation with the billing department regarding this and was told it’s a new policy. Others had been calling too. Please clarify this for us, ShopLC.
1 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮
Barbara wrote:
4 years ago
Has anyone else had their credit card hit for a dollar when placing an order? Mine did and when that happens it sends up a red flag that something is not right. I had a nice conversation with the billing department regarding this and was told it’s a new policy. Others had been calling too. Please clarify this for us, ShopLC.
0 x

RS

Post by RS » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮 😮
Barbara wrote:
4 years ago
Vendors typically do that as an authorization for the card, later the whole amount will come out and the dollar will drop off. I haven’t seen SLC do this before so I suppose it’s a new policy.
They should also make it policy to not charge for an item until it ships, like most other places do.
2 x