Any ShopLC tips for a newbie? :)

Ena

Any ShopLC tips for a newbie? :)

Post by Ena » 3 years ago

I'm still finding my way around ShopLC. It doesn't stop me from shopping already and I have a pile of blue boxes to prove it :lol:

As I'm trying to learn more about ShopLC I thought maybe the MASTERS of shopping here :) can give me some tips, tricks, pointers so I wouldn't miss any good deals or hidden treasures :D
3 x

Harlequin

Re: Any ShopLC tips for a newbie? :)

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Ena, That wouldn’t be, That would be the other ladies, they have shopping so!! Much longer than I. IM PRETTY SURE SOME WILL ANSWER YOU, they are always very helpful 🙂. Have a great day.
5 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Don’t buy LC’s white diamonds. Even the pricey ones in gold! Poor quality. If you see I3 diamonds they are crap! Remember you get what you pay for! I can’t speak for the color diamonds. Only bought green diamond ring. It is acceptable. Have fun shopping!
7 x

Ena

Thank you CJM. It's very good to know!
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

@Ena

Hello ! Please use the educational pages on the homepage to really learn about the gemstones you are buying ! We've learned to educate ourselves BEFORE we buy. The information is there and if you have questions this forum is a GREAT place to ask them. If there isn't someone that has an answer, we can tell you where to look . Have fun - Gypsy
5 x

Ena

I didn't realize there is an Education section on the website. Thanks for the tip, Gypsy! :)
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Keep in mind that the Estimated Retail Value is not even close. Divide it at least by two. Things on clearance are not returnable unless they arrive damaged. Do not attempt the Rising Auction on weekends, as the pieces often go for more than they would on the retail side. I'm sure I'll think of more things. Good luck!
7 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Ena Research gemstones on google. The education page on LC page is not always updated. Ex: the treatment for emeralds; from what I have read elsewhere they are filled with resin or glass and dyed. Not necessarily a permanent treatment. Burmese ruby is now sourced from a second mine which means the quality is less. Do your homework before you spend big money. That way you won’t be disappointed and end up returning items. It took me a long time to figure it out. Until the forum came along and the people were able to post what they knew I wasted a lot of money! There are some really knowledgeable shoppers on the forum! I’ve learned so much from them!
6 x