Beautiful day in Tennessee

Gemsnob

Re: Beautiful day in Tennessee

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Found out why it’s so overcast here today in Tennessee, from wild fires, for got news said it would be here mid week, it’s only Tuesday.
Are the fires near you? Do they think it's arson? Stay safe.
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Gemsnob: No the fires are in California, Washington, Oregon. The smoke is just coming this way , not bad. It could possibly get to other states, the smoke. Really Bad where J.Q. Is.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Yes indeed it has been terrible with the smoke here. It has been coming up from California and Oregon and when the the wind shifts it comes from the wildfires here. In the last week the air quality has been either in the "Toxic" "Dangerous" or "Extremely Dangerous" ranges. It rained overnight so it was some better early this morning, but now is back to burned pea soup consistency. Outside it feels like you are breathing sludge in because of the wood particulates, chemicals, and humidity mix in the air.
3 x

Jace

Post by Jace » 3 years ago

My brother lives in Portland, Ore.
And told me"it's really bad".

May ALL of everything..just.."cease and desist"!!
4 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I have a friend that either lives in Yakima, or Tacoma Washington, can’t remember I hope she is ok.
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Harlequin

At this point she should not be in any imminent danger from a wildfire in or near either city. There was a really bad fire near Yakima that burned over 75,000 acres but the Evan Canyon fire is now more than 80% contained. The smoke is another matter and is pretty bad in both places.
5 x