Am I Missing Something Regarding the Idea Lab?

Glamazon

Am I Missing Something Regarding the Idea Lab?

Post by Glamazon » 3 years ago

I certainly must be missing some information.So I submit a great idea that turns out to be the next great thing and it rakes in a ton of money for the company and I get absolutely zippo?You have got to be kidding me!
7 x

Willa

Re: Am I Missing Something Regarding the Idea Lab?

Post by Willa » 3 years ago

FYI: It may take some time to hear if your idea was good enough for them.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

At least before when they had design contests if yours was one of the chosen ones you got one for yourself for free! Now you don't even get that. i cannot believe anybody is even submitting to this lame deal.
8 x

Willa

How does Idea Lab differ from New Product Idea listed under Conversation forum?
6 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

I may be wrong but the way I understand it for the idea lab they want sketches, designs and specifics served up on a silver platter. New product idea is like why don't you have step stools for sale? Or how's about selling rings with charms on them ? I would really like to see a shungite paper towel holder... and so on.
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

Hi @JewelryQueen
Of course shoplc wants free ideas !! Why pay for it when they can get devoted long timers to submit ideas for free.
I have plenty ideas, but they cant afford me.
I WILL THROW IN A COUPLE FOR FREE 😄

1) Stop trying to compete with the big boys, by trying to sell high end jewelry at EXORBITANT prices. Buyers come to shoplc for bargain prices that they are used to.

2) Viewers get VERY BORED seeing each item for close to a hour. So, they switch channels. Bad for business, because the few more sales you get by going on and on, they really didn’t want the item, but they were talked into it by aggressive hosts. They will MOST LIKELY return those items.

3) And by the way, if at all possible, offer huge amounts to Kevin to come back !!

Vicky
11 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

@Vicky , you really hit the nail on the head! What ever happened to Low Cost. The reason I have tons of things, jewelry and Lifestyle. But I am watching less and less. I get no thrill out of watching items (for an hour) that I wouldn't buy if I could afford. I'd add one more thing. Listen to your customers and get rid of annoying hosts that make us change the channel!
10 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

How long has Kevin been gone? Not sure if I remember him.
3 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

I found out in Sept 2019 that Kevin Lyons was ousted. I didn’t see him since July, but as usual when I asked about him, I got silence.
He was phenomenal. If I had a issue that customer service wouldn’t help with, I emailed Kevin and he answered within a few minutes and took care of the issue.
One issue was that Jessica sold pillows on air that she kept on repeating was 100% Down. It seemed too good to be true for the price, but I figured it was a closeout. I ordered 12 pillows. 2 each to be delivered to the kids homes, and 2 for me. When the pillows came in huge boxes, they were feather. No Down. Types that cost $8.00 each at my local store.
CS was rude. A Rude Supervisor told me to just return them. I was livid. My kids and I now needed to drag huge boxes to the post office.
I emailed Kevin. He emailed back that he will watch the on air episode to see what Jessica said.
He then emailed me again that I was correct. He ordered the Rude supervisor to refund the money to all customers that bought the pillows and they dont have to return the pillows.

Now we have no access to CEO Ameds email address. Also not of any managements email.

One weekend many customers private info was exposed by mistake on the App. I called CS with this serious matter. They said they have no way of contacting management or security. This was a serious glitch. When it happened once when Kevin was here, he had security handle it within minutes of my email to him. This time the customers PRIVATE INFO was exposed for a day.

THAT WAS KEVIN LYONS !!
9 x

Willa

Wow!
That was something!!!
4 x