#3601610. .60 ctw diamond ring

CJM

#3601610. .60 ctw diamond ring

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

I was looking at diamond rings again and found this one. Going thru the pictures it showed a diamond certificate listing the information for this item. It showed j-k color rating. Clarity I2-I3. Really? Who in their right mind would want such a poor “quality “ diamond. I’ve never seen such a thing. Price: $399.99. Suggested retail: $1679.99. It is in 10k gold listed .60 ctw. Certificate says minimum.50 ctw Going bad to worst.
10 x

Gem Lover

Re: #3601610. .60 ctw diamond ring

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I think they figure if there is a certificate people who do not know how the grading works will assume they are getting a great deal and because of the certificate it must be good so just another sales tactic to get people to buy and to boot you are paying extra to have a certificate for a crappy diamond.
10 x

Daisy

Post by Daisy » 3 years ago

I bought one of the 14k gold band rings which they don't carry many now. I had it weighed and it was supposed to be like 2.9 grams and it weighed 2.1 grams. I couldn't believe it was so far off that I asked my jeweler to reweigh it and make sure the scale was balanced. 2.1 exactly. I don't take their jewelry to seriously at this point.
5 x

Daisy

Post by Daisy » 3 years ago

I bought one of the 14k gold band rings which they don't carry many now. I had it weighed and it was supposed to be like 2.9 grams and it weighed 2.1 grams. I couldn't believe it was so far off that I asked my jeweler to reweigh it and make sure the scale was balanced. 2.1 exactly. I don't take their jewelry to seriously at this point. Stones that fall out and weight issues not to mention the other customer buying an obviously used item that had previously been returned.
4 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

’I’ Clarity diamonds are the worst diamonds and they’re not for jewelry, but as a cutter for fine gems. Some jewelry online stores don’t carry ‘I’ clarity diamonds. ‘I’ stands for Included. Not to be confused with the ‘I’ Color grade diamonds.

Diamond Clarity
F- Flawless
IF- Internally Flawless
VVS1, VVS2 - Very, very slightly included
VS1, VS2 - Very slightly included
SI1,SI2, SI3 - Slightly included
I1, I2,I3 - Included

Included clarity diamonds should not be carry by any jewelry store. These diamonds are not gem quality [\color]
Last edited by Margui 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
7 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

I clarity are promotional commercial diamonds. Most reputable jewelers will not carry this poor quality diamonds.
And if it doesnt say not enhanced, it can be that the i3 was even worse, but they used an enhancement technique to improve color and clarity. If the stones are tiny and set well, it can be acceptable, since the occlusions are hard to see.
I bought a few I clarity diamonds from Shoplc that were bright and made my grandkids thrilled to get diamonds.
For my adult kids, I bought either Rhapsody or iliana jewelry when on a great sale, since they use high quality diamonds and either Platinum 950 or 18k gold. One day a Rhapsody 1ct diamond pendant was buy one, get one free. I grabbed these half price pendants. I did have to buy platinum chains, so it was a little pricey, but when I saw the diamonds in person, they just LIT UP THE ROOM.
So you get what you pay for. As long as the promotional clarity is revealed, Its up to me to buy it or not. For teens the promo quality is passable. They get to brag they have diamonds. I dont worry if they forgot where they lost it.
Whats not right, is some buyers thinking if it is a certed diamond, it must be high quality.
The Hosts should be more forthcoming, that these diamonds dont have much resale value.
Its like the FF Niassa Ruby or the ilikaka hot pink sapphires. They are big and beautiful, but are filled with red color or pink glass. So they have no resale value, but look pretty as long as they are handled with extreme care.

Stay safe ❤️Vicky
5 x

CJM

Just saw Iliana AAA Burmese ruby/yellow sapphire ring. Thing is the diamonds were G-H S1. Am I missing something? Is that what Iliana now represents? I’ve not seen LC use G-H diamonds before.
1 x

CJM

Just saw Iliana AAA Burmese ruby/yellow sapphire ring. Thing is the diamonds were G-H S1. Am I missing something? Is that what Iliana now represents? I’ve not seen LC use G-H diamonds before.
1 x

CJM

0 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Cjm:....Triple times submissions on your post. Been there done that. 🙀. Have a great day
0 x