President's comment about opal.

Gem Lover

President's comment about opal.

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

The President of Shop Lc was on a few minutes ago and stated that they are no longer putting the nicer opal's in silver, that they discussed it in their last meeting and it was going in their Illana and Rhapsody lines so guess who will be buying her opal someplace else? Also another Tanzanite in gold TLV for tonight. What happened to TLV's that most can afford? They seem to have many of them in gold lately.
2 x

Hot4TENER

Re: President's comment about opal.

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Ugh!!!! The welo opals are my favorite!!! It’s a good thing that I’ve got quite a few because I won’t be buying them at gold prices. And basically they’re saying if you buy them in silver, then you’re gonna get crappy ones. NO THANK YOU! So glad you shared that with us. I missed it due to a good episode of law & order.
4 x

Gem Lover

Hot4tenner I love opals and I was thinking the same as you, they are going to lose business if they keep this up.
3 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Guess I will send him a Thank You note for helping me save a lot of money. I am an Opal warrior and love opals in all colors.
6 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 4 years ago

I love how they are now referring to some of the opals as 'Royal' Ethiopian Opal. Guess all the stuff I bought was the hoi polloi stuff. :lol:
4 x

Gem Lover

Lulu I also noticed them calling the item shown in silver last night Royal' Ethiopian Opal, did they make this name up? So what have we all been buying, The Peasant opals? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
7 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Lulu I also noticed them calling the item shown in silver last night Royal' Ethiopian Opal, did they make this name up? So what have we all been buying, The Peasant opals? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I sure hope Not!!
2 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Quality has gone down a while ago anyway, since Ethiopia only selling cut stones!!!! And Shoplc showing the best one on air and getting the sun-par ones home! I don’t much care for them anymore since I found the resin they treat them with tend to yellow over time.😩😤
1 x