Why do you need an aggravation of RA auctions?

Ena

Why do you need an aggravation of RA auctions?

Post by Ena » 3 years ago

Honest question, no hidden agenda. Just curious...

When I joined SLC a few months ago I was also fascinated by the very concept of online auction where I could win some nice things for a fraction of a cost. I started bidding on things, got excited, and lose almost every auction I bid on. I did win twice and had fun. But then I thought to myself: Do I really need all these things to spend so much time trying to get to the end of the auction and try to outbid someone.

I've decided that I can easily live without 99% of the things I see at RAs. I love watching Live TV and if I see something I like I'll just buy it if the price is right. If not, it wasn't meant for me to have it. After all, these things are NOT life necessities.

I see numerous posts on this forum about RAs: unfair pricing, dishonest bidders, lack of attention to RA from moderators and company ,etc.

It's really frustrating BUT ..why do you keep coming back to RAs even after all this disappointment and frustration? Do you really need the stuff so badly? I can understand the thrill of an auction but at the end is it worth all the aggravation?

Am I missing something?
9 x

JewelryQueen

Re: Why do you need an aggravation of RA auctions?

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

As a re-seller the RA (if working as it should) is imperative to my business. Due to the virus i currently only do pre-orders from my past clients but this is still vital to my income. I do occasionally bid on an item for myself, but I am not buying at the currently inflated prices on their retail side. Nothing! Nope! Ain't gonna do it! Especially with no coupons. The prices have gone up about 30% in price for similar items 5 months ago, Too rich for my blood. :roll:
8 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

@Ena , I'm so glad you said something about this terrible waste of energy. Spending the whole day complaining, they are wearing me out just looking at this, weeding through the posts looking for something I can enjoy and learn from. I've decided they are getting some kind of satisfaction from their constant complaining.

Just this morning I was wishing they had a separate Forum just for the auctions.. I for one have never gone there, no desire to!
3 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@anniebelle I do not think that anyone complaining is getting satisfaction out of it, they are however upset at those abusing the auction site. Some like Jewelry Queen make their living from buying the items at auction and reselling them and what those overbidders are doing is hurting people. Some people can not afford to pay the regular price and use the action to win holiday gifts ext.. they are trying to have the issue corrected and are doing so by coming on here to let the moderators know so that the overbidders can be dealt with. If you see a topic about the auction you can scroll past it but if no one complains then it will not be fixed, the moderators are not mind readers, the only way they know what is going on is if customers let them know and then they can look into it.
10 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I understand now that JQ and others do depend on the low cost items. That why Friday's are so popular, too. But, I do believe there are people who are constant complainers. They feed off it, can't seem to get enough. It's like an illness. Like paranoia breeds suspiciousness! In my opinion.
3 x

Sea_Hag

Post by Sea_Hag » 3 years ago

Being honest, while I understand people's frustrations, I'm disappointed in coming into the community forum to read more negative posts than usual, it's starting to feel like other social media. I'd like to see more posts about the things we LIKE here at Shop LC or with jewelry in general.
5 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

Sea Hag sorry if it seems we are complaining but there over bidders are out of the Box! 😞🍀
7 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

People post about all sort of things on here and yes some post are negative but they are posted to try to get issues solved to make problems with shopping better, if no one ever says anything then the problem will not be addressed and nothing will change. I am sure shoplc would rather know what is going on then to lose loyal customers who have been with them for a very long time. No one is forced to read every post and most post have a title which gives an idea what it is about. I also think because of covid and being stuck at home this is the only place for some to get things off their chest and know that we are here to support each other.
6 x