Devil cat!

JewelryQueen

Re: Devil cat!

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

Don't want to second guess your vet but in my experience it takes 5-6 weeks for the extra testosterone to totally leave a cat's system. But you should notice a difference in 3 weeks or less. Just my 2 cents worth, and I am not a vet and don't play one on TV either.
2 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle

Don't want to second guess your vet but in my experience it takes 5-6 weeks for the extra testosterone to totally leave a cat's system. But you should notice a difference in 3 weeks or less. Just my 2 cents worth, and I am not a vet and don't play one on TV either.
I like your answer better! Now , I'm thinking about getting that medicine down his throat! What was I thinking? :?: :?: :?:
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

@Anniebelle: Some kitties are like that, perhaps Milo is anxious. My in-laws’s kitty, Rocky, likes to bite, too. They have a little bottle fill with water only when he starts bitting. My kitty, Garfield, bit me when I tried to carry him. He only let my hubby to carry him. I didn’t have that problem with Klunk’s( my other kitty) kittens or the other quartet of kittens that took care three years ago. I carried them with no problems.
Last edited by Margui 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

anniebelle

Margui wrote:
3 years ago
@Anniebelle: Some kitties are like that, perhaps Milo is anxious. My in-laws’s kitty, Rocky, likes to bite, too. They have a little bottle fill with water only when he starts bitting. My kitty, Garfield, bit me when I tried to carry him. He only let my hubby to carry him. I didn’t have that problem with Klunk’s( my other kitty) kittens or the other quarters of kittens that took care three years ago. I carried them with no problems.
I keep a bottle of water beside me. Now when I pick it up he squints his eyes in anticipation of the spray! If I don't spray right away, he reaches out and smacks it! :lol:
3 x

Margui

Could you post Milo’s photo? I would like to “see” that little rascal.
Last edited by Margui 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

anniebelle

Margui wrote:
3 years ago
Could post Milo’s photo? I would like to “see” that little rascal.
Can't. Don't have a smart phone. He looks a lot like Gypsy's orange and white kitties.
2 x

Margui

OK. Don’t worry.
2 x

anniebelle

I had the troops lined up to help me give Milo his medicine for worms. But I didn't need it! :lol: :lol: we were having a lazy morning, doing our stretching, on his back, front legs stretched above his head. I kept pulling his mouth open with no objection. So I grabbed the syringe, stuck it in his mouth, squirt! . He jumped up, spitting much of it out!!! :lol: :lol: not sure how much he swallowed, but I hope they anticipate this happening. Repeat in Two weeks, then we're set for a year! Whew!!!
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

Something that has worked for me with liquid medications is this--squirt with one hand and quickly stroke down his throat with the other. This stimulates the swallow reflex. Also the further back in his mouth the better. That way he gets more down and he doesn't taste the nasty as much.
2 x

anniebelle

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle

Something that has worked for me with liquid medications is this--squirt with one hand and quickly stroke down his throat with the other. This stimulates the swallow reflex. Also the further back in his mouth the better. That way he gets more down and he doesn't taste the nasty as much.
Just needed one more hand! :lol:
Last edited by anniebelle 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
2 x