Verifying Reviews

LisaC2019

Verifying Reviews

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

Does anyone know why we must verify email addresses for each and every review written. I have to verify reviews on another site but when you verify the first one you can write as many as you need to as long as it is in the same day/session. Shop LC site makes you verify your email each and every time...maybe this is why people don't write reviews. This may be the reason some reviews are not posted because the reviewer doesn't know they have confirm the review via email.
0 x

Gem Lover

Re: Verifying Reviews

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I always confirm mine but the bad ones do not get posted, only my good ones.
5 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

I wish the customer reviews were more specific: ring measurements mostly. Too many times the website &/or hosts fail to show & for me it makes all the difference in my decision whether or not to purchase. Reviews saying 'I love it' aren't helpful to me. If reviews are not so good, those should also be posted...it's the right thing to do as a company.
4 x

LisaC2019

Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
I wish the customer reviews were more specific: ring measurements mostly. Too many times the website &/or hosts fail to show & for me it makes all the difference in my decision whether or not to purchase. Reviews saying 'I love it' aren't helpful to me. If reviews are not so good, those should also be posted...it's the right thing to do as a company.
Agreed Blossom that reviews without detail are not helpful. I will sometimes go to other sites and check for similar products and check out those reviews. I watched a presentation a couple of days ago and the entire time the hosts were talking and not once did they measure the ring or give details. When I went online to see the replay presentation...guess what only 2 of the 4 rings presented were discussed and of course the ring I wanted to purchase was not even given camera time. If they would do a better job of describing the items it may cut down on returns...JMO :idea:
4 x

Blossom

Post by Blossom » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Agreed Blossom that reviews without detail are not helpful. I will sometimes go to other sites and check for similar products and check out those reviews. I watched a presentation a couple of days ago and the entire time the hosts were talking and not once did they measure the ring or give details. When I went online to see the replay presentation...guess what only 2 of the 4 rings presented were discussed and of course the ring I wanted to purchase was not even given camera time. If they would do a better job of describing the items it may cut down on returns...JMO :idea:
Precisely!! 😀
2 x

Teachergirl

Post by Teachergirl » 4 years ago

They never post reviews l was than 4 stars
2 x

LisaC2019

Teachergirl wrote:
4 years ago
They never post reviews l was than 4 stars
Teachergirl, I have seen some less than 4 star reviews but not that many. Most of the reviews were submitted via email because it would state, "this is part of a promotion" or something similar. I always submit my reviews on the actual site and you do have to check back to see if they are posted. I also noticed that if an item (supposedly is sold out) you will not see the reviews.
2 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

I do agree that there are more of the good reviews, than any bad ones. But I actually have seen one star BAD reviews from customers saying things like: "The stones on this are so light, that there's practically no color in them, (about a ring known for dark stones) it's like looking at glass! Sending it back!" Or things like: "Broke when I put it on." Or: "Arrived broken."

They're few and far between but I've seen some. On the clothing and purses as well!

I just realized that I was feeling GLAD to see bad reviews!
😂

Well, you all know what I mean. Glad to see that SLC actually POSTED bad reviews!
😉

I get so angry when I see a review that says something like: "Nice".
😖

Well now, THAT'S HELPFUL! 😬
3 x

SueB

Post by SueB » 4 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago
Hummmm mine do!!!
1 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 4 years ago

LisaC2019 wrote:
4 years ago
Does anyone know why we must verify email addresses for each and every review written. I have to verify reviews on another site but when you verify the first one you can write as many as you need to as long as it is in the same day/session. Shop LC site makes you verify your email each and every time...maybe this is why people don't write reviews. This may be the reason some reviews are not posted because the reviewer doesn't know they have confirm the review via email.
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your message. The verification process is used to prevent potential spamming of reviews. We will forward your comments to our innovations and web team so it can be looked into to see if the process can be less strict. Thank you so much for your post and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
Gem Lover wrote:
4 years ago

Thank you for your message as well! We do allow both positive and negative reviews on our website. We have forwarded your comment as well to our innovations team and web team to look into this. Thank you so much for your post, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
Blossom wrote:
4 years ago
Thank you as well for your post! We definitely understand that reviews should be specific, and we have forwarded your comment to our innovations and web team to look into what we can do regarding guidelines for customer reviews. Thank you again for your message, and for being a part of the Shop LC family!
3 x