JQ

Harlequin

JQ

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Haven’t heard from U much. You OK? 🙂
Last edited by Moderator_Preston 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed name from post
3 x

JewelryQueen

Re: JQ

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Harlequin

Yes I am fine, just busy. Thank you for asking. A lot of my time was spent taking care of getting my "new" car legal. Then I was researching a new laptop to replace my antique one (13-14 years old I think). I wanted to get a fairly decent one while the Amazon Prime days were on, as I think they may be scarce towards the end of the year what with Christmas coming and so many kids online for school. I didn't get one from Amazon but from a competitor and got one for $300 that normally goes for $500. I think it was a pretty good deal. I should have it today. Also, these RA hogs are getting on my nerves and I have been diligently reporting them to the Moderators.

I'm a little sad we won't be having trick or treaters this year. I love the kids in their costumes. I usually dress up to answer the door. It looks like Thanksgiving and Christmas will be kaput this year as well as far as family is concerned. I believe they call what I have Covid fatigue. And further depressing news is that there is supposedly new type of Covid originating in China that developed from bats to pigs. It is not respiratory in nature but affects the digestive system. They get Cholera like diarrhea and starve to death or dehydration. It has not jumped to human--yet. That's the bad news. The good news I have enough reserves to last at least 2 months. Just ask my stretch pants.

Hello to all!
10 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

JQ:...I need new brakes all around, new roter, 4 new tires, and alignment, oil change 😫. I’m happy that you got your car taken care of. Good price for your computer 🙂. The people on RA get on my nerves as well 😠. Not another type of Covid-19 , yeah I have been wearing stretch pants too LOL. No trick or treat OH NO 👻. I’m so tired of this Covid stuff I could 🤮.
4 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

H and JQ: stretch pants? . I can tell you where to get some kaftans, cheap! Much more comfortable!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
5 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Don’t do it! Too hard to get on a diet later!! This is just for fun....🥰🥰🥰. Hope it makes someone smile. 🤣🤣🤣
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

JQ, I'm in the market for a laptop myself. Tell me about the one you found?
4 x

JewelryQueen

@anniebelle

I got the Lenovo IdeaPad 15'' (81WWE011UUS) It has an Intel Core and 8 GB of memory and 256 GB SSD. That is sufficient for me as I just use my laptop for browsing the internet, handling my email, etc. I don't do any heavy gaming. The two downsides are the webcam doesn't have the sharpest pictures which doesn't bother me because I don't video chat or do Zoom meetings, and also the battery life use is more 5-6 hours as opposed to the 10 hours as advertised. That doesn't bother me either as I don't take my laptop out for a stroll very often. In fact I left my last laptop plugged in most of the time to an outlet near my coffee table. Unfortunately the last I checked it was up to $459 at Best Buy, but you can keep an eye on it and see if it comes down a bit again if you don't need one "right now". Hope this helps.

PS It doesn't have a touch screen--don't care about that either.
Last edited by JewelryQueen 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
4 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@Harlequin

Yes I am fine, just busy. Thank you for asking. A lot of my time was spent taking care of getting my "new" car legal. Then I was researching a new laptop to replace my antique one (13-14 years old I think). I wanted to get a fairly decent one while the Amazon Prime days were on, as I think they may be scarce towards the end of the year what with Christmas coming and so many kids online for school. I didn't get one from Amazon but from a competitor and got one for $300 that normally goes for $500. I think it was a pretty good deal. I should have it today. Also, these RA hogs are getting on my nerves and I have been diligently reporting them to the Moderators.

I'm a little sad we won't be having trick or treaters this year. I love the kids in their costumes. I usually dress up to answer the door. It looks like Thanksgiving and Christmas will be kaput this year as well as far as family is concerned. I believe they call what I have Covid fatigue. And further depressing news is that there is supposedly new type of Covid originating in China that developed from bats to pigs. It is not respiratory in nature but affects the digestive system. They get Cholera like diarrhea and starve to death or dehydration. It has not jumped to human--yet. That's the bad news. The good news I have enough reserves to last at least 2 months. Just ask my stretch pants.

Hello to all!
Hi
1 x

JewelryQueen

@Hollie

Hi there yourself stranger!! How the heck are you? Staying safe I hope! Been missing you. Please post and tell us how you are doing and what's going on in your neck of the woods. Chat later?
2 x

Hollie

Post by Hollie » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@Harlequin

Hello to all!
Hi
Last edited by Hollie 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x