Moissinite

anniebelle

Re: Moissinite

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Interesting! Didn't know it comes also in blue and green! Hmmm !!!
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Than you all for your input. I was getting ready to ask about the patent. Like medicine after so long they can go generic. 🙂
3 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 3 years ago

Colored Moissanite was originally an accidental find but was then sold that way b/c the colored stones were attractive to those looking for something other than white. Sometimes a certain color is limited b/c of it's accidental nature and it cannot be recreated...a one and done type of thing and it's not like they have a recipe they can follow each and every time. It's more like an experiment to see what comes out of the oven after they cook it.
2 x

silleemee

Charles Winston on JTV is not the original creator of Moissanite. He has his own line 'Moissanite Fire'. I don't know if that is graded or not. The original creator, as I mentioned earlier, is Charles & Colvard. They sell three grades of stones: Forever One Colorless (DEF), Forever One Near Colorless(GH) and Forever Brilliant(HI).
4 x

silleemee

Jessica just said their Moissanite compares to a D, flawless diamond.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Anyone buying? 👀
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@silleemee In 2010, Charles J. Winston, Inc. in conjunction with Charles & Colvard, Ltd. entered into an agreement whereas Charles Winston would design, merchandise and be the spokesperson for his designs using their stone, Moissanite. While this was not an exclusive agreement (allowing Charles J. Winston, Inc. and Charles Winston) the right to continue creating and selling all CJWI’s other product offerings, the Moissanite concept has been very successful for CJWI and the retailers that carry the brand created and presented by Charles Winston.
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I myself prefer white zircon, I have some gorgeous hoops that I paid around $250 on sale from another network but they look like diamonds and are mined from the ground, I also have a beautiful white zircon cuff from here that I got about 3 years ago and that too looks like diamonds, I wear it with my diamonds and you can not tell the difference. Good quality zircon looks like and has the brilliance of diamonds.
4 x

silleemee

Interesting story about Winston and C&C. Gem Lover.
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I’m not buying. To many head aches with SLC Lately. Didn’t care for the Lustro Stella.
2 x