Disappointed

Gypsy

Re: Disappointed

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

Its not just the on air hosts that are so disappointing. If the number of damaged, destroyed, used, dirty and disgusting items that has been sent to me with my most recent orders, are any indication of what other customers are recipients of, then the warehouse employees ALL of them , supervisors and Upper Management included are a HUGE disappointment too.
Sad and Shameless

-Gypsy
10 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

Good morning @Gypsy ☕️☕️

Its so sad what has become of Shoplc.
Hosts are mostly doing aggressive selling. They will say anything to make the sale.
Being we knew them before, this has to be management forcing them to behave this way.
I am sure they dont enjoy staying on one item for long periods of time, making them to come up with things to say about the item, OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
I see GIA trained hosts say things about the quality of i3 stones that makes ones hair stand up. Things like you need a loupe to see i3 inclusions, etc. Most viewers are not aware of what the grading of diamonds mean, so they rely on hosts telling them.
Occasionally Becky and Shawn tell the truth. Other then them, Its all “ smoking mirrors”.
The worst was when it was the clearance with NO RETURNS. The uninformed buyer was stuck with very low grade stones.
Are the hosts being threatened with their jobs if they dont do HARD SELLING? Is that why Nikki left?
I feel these aggresive tactics, plus increasing prices on most items, and removing coupons, and presenting too many high end products, for what seems like 1 hour each item, will hurt my beloved shoplc.
I used to rave about shoplc while Kevin was in charge. Most of my social media friends that I introduced to Shoplc have now gone on to other shopping channels.
Anyone with a little knowledge of gemstones, see thru the hosts “ saying anything that will sell the item”
I have gotten hundreds of beautiful affordable items from Shoplc. Now its gotten difficult to get a good buy, so they sit in my wishlist.
If the Moderators need a list of all the jewelry that went up in price, I will give it to them. I understand price of gold is up. I am talking about diamonds going way up.
One day its one price, then its way up.
The only stability that remains at shoplc, are the Moderators. They are terrific. Very helpful. They deserve a huge bonus.
If not for them, I probably would have switched to another channel that has become very competitive with shoplc prices.
Its not too late to make a few changes to keep the customer.
Now with Holiday shopping, the failures wont be felt. Come after January, it will hit.
I am not criticizing to be “ MEAN”. I really care about shoplc. These are warnings that if things dont change, you will alienate your long time loyal shoppers.
I am sure that going back to short presentations, sticking to the clock, will make the hosts & customers happier.
It will keep viewers from being bored and switching channels.
Stop increasing prices on a daily basis. Bring back coupons. Great incentive to shop and buy.
Offering affordable items more then on Fridays. Stop Boring us with frequent high end Tanzanite, etc.
Go back to being UNIQUE, meaning LOW COST on most items. Its better to make less on an item, then it clog up the warehouse.
This was well meaning free advice. You can take it or ignore it.

My dad who had a bargain store for many years, made enough to start a Charity, helping many people.
I worked in his store as a teen. He told me THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. If you dont treat them right, the next store is right around the corner.

HUGS TO THE TRIBE & THEIR FUR BABIES & OUR MODERATORS.

VICKY
10 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

@Vicky

☕[clink]☕

Good morning to you and the rest of the ladies & gents of the forum !!!
👋🥰

Vicky everything you say is true and what makes it even worse is that I DO NOT think that ShopLC cares. They used to. But I don't think they do anymore. It's all about sending an item out the door.....ANY item doesnt matter the condition, get it out the door. Count "the meal" and GO !!

This is where I'm supposed to insert....IMO ☕[clink]☕
I'm tired of asking, begging and saying please
My Christmas shopping WAS done....now I don't know what I'm actually gonna get to send to the kids . I dont get to see them again this year and I'm looking for replacement gifts to purchase and get in mail
No Joy.....😢.

-Gypsy
10 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 3 years ago

Vicky... YES, YES, YES to everything you said. But, unfortunatelACCIDENTAL. y you advice will be 100 % ignored. There are several of us that have been voicing the exact same complaints for over a year - and still no changes. If I were a host on there, I would be embarrassed beyond belief knowing that the viewers can't believe a word I say and that I've lost their trust. I really feel for Shawn. You can just tell he is uncomfortable. If I were him, I'd tell SLC to kiss my rear and leave. I truly believe that someone's items are purposely sent defective items. Wire chains on necklaces being cut....deliberate. NOT accidental. And when you keep getting inferior damaged / broken and dirty used items on a consistent basis with every order placed......NOT ACCIDENTAL.. Maybe calling in the Texas Attorney General to open an investigation into Shop LC will get them straightened out. Because they are in my opinion flat out crooks. Hence, I don't order anything from them anymore. :cry:
10 x

Angelflutter

Post by Angelflutter » 3 years ago

Vicky... YES, YES, YES to everything you said. But, unfortunatelACCIDENTAL. y you advice will be 100 % ignored. There are several of us that have been voicing the exact same complaints for over a year - and still no changes. If I were a host on there, I would be embarrassed beyond belief knowing that the viewers can't believe a word I say and that I've lost their trust. I really feel for Shawn. You can just tell he is uncomfortable. If I were him, I'd tell SLC to kiss my rear and leave. I truly believe that someone's items are purposely sent defective items. Wire chains on necklaces being cut....deliberate. NOT accidental. And when you keep getting inferior damaged / broken and dirty used items on a consistent basis with every order placed......NOT ACCIDENTAL.. Maybe calling in the Texas Attorney General to open an investigation into Shop LC will get them straightened out. Because they are in my opinion flat out crooks. Hence, I don't order anything from them anymore. :cry:
2 x

Vicky

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

@Gypsy
Hi @Angelflutter
Sorry what they did to you. I gave up on getting affordable jewelry or items from shoplc.
Unfortunately I have to gather over 40 gifts for Holiday gifts.
I know from little kids on, they love electronics. Ipads, phones, air pods, chargers and jewelry.
Most will get electronic items instead of jewelry.
I did get a iliana white south sea pearl strand from shoplc at half price for my daughter. Rare anymore. I think it was a price mistake.
I have a closetful of other jewelry from shoplc before they went ROGUE. to give to some of the kids for the Holidays. The rest get electronics.
If Shoplc doesnt decrease their prices, bring back coupons, and stop sending USED ITEMS to loyal customers, they will alienate lots of us.
The J and Amaz.. to the rescue.
I couldnt get my DIL a Apple item she wanted, by her birthday today, so I browsed Amaz.. and got her a Michael Kor patent leather bag at almost half price. I ordered it yesterday, will be delivered to her today. When the Apple product comes out, I will add that item.
I know I spend alot on the adult kids. They always get me expensive items so I feel I have to do the same.
For the kids, I used to get great bargains at shoplc. I bought sooo much that I still have plenty to give as gifts.
I was hoping to add a few items, but it became very difficult to get a bargain anymore. Plus now some of us are getting used items. I got a used shungite pillow....Nauseating. I returned it and sanitized the room.
As it is, we really dont know with jewelry whether its a return, so I disinfect anything I receive, especially earring posts.
They insist they dont resell items. I have proven to them that they do. I myself returned a defective item, and received the same one, still defective in a dirty baggie 2 weeks later.
They insisted it was a mistake.
Hope you find something nice for your son, maybe Amaz. Its next day or 2 day delivery.
The J ships same day. Delivered in a few days.
Here DHL is horrible. Sometimes up to 2 weeks.
I have to say moderator Danielle and Preston ETC. are great. Very helpful. Dont even bother to contact CS. Worthless.
If I have a issue the moderators really HELP.

HUGS❤️Vicky
10 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

A couple of years ago, I purchased some microfiber sheets that the hosts swore were so soft. Dang, they were rougher than the old muslin sheets of yore. Even after multiple washings they didn't soften up. Maybe these hosts have no experience with quality sheets?
8 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

To Vicky & all: I’ve never bought any diamonds from ShopLC all these years because I never felt comfortable with the quality. Of course it would have cost quite a bit more than my usual budget. I never knew what I3 meant until now. People don’t walk around with jeweler loupes in their pockets, so maybe they won’t care about I3. However if I ever purchase a G-H diamond it better be I-1. It seems ShopLC is trying to get rid of not so great diamond jewelry, especially with Christmas shopping starting now. Just be careful what you’re buying. Good luck. 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀
9 x

Moderator_Preston

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
I was watching recently when Karen was selling a power bank that she claims will recharge your smartphone ten times more than most power banks. It will even recharge a tablet and, maybe, even a laptop! I was impressed so I bought a Christmas gift and one for myself to recharge my iPad. I know absolutely nothing about these products, I don't even Have a cellphone yet.

I received it in the mail today, and was reading the brief instructions. It says it will fully charge a smartphone ONCE! Yes, I too am disappointed. I so trust Karen of all people, can't see any reason to make this stuff up.

@Moderator_Preston , is there any way to check on this?
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your post. I have shared this with our TV Production and Programming teams as well as the home products team so they can look into this on their end. If at all possible, would you happen to have the item number for this item so I can get the specifications checked by our merchandising team?
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Moderator_Preston wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
I was watching recently when Karen was selling a power bank that she claims will recharge your smartphone ten times more than most power banks. It will even recharge a tablet and, maybe, even a laptop! I was impressed so I bought a Christmas gift and one for myself to recharge my iPad. I know absolutely nothing about these products, I don't even Have a cellphone yet.

I received it in the mail today, and was reading the brief instructions. It says it will fully charge a smartphone ONCE! Yes, I too am disappointed. I so trust Karen of all people, can't see any reason to make this stuff up.

@Moderator_Preston , is there any way to check on this?
Good morning,

Thank you so much for your post. I have shared this with our TV Production and Programming teams as well as the home products team so they can look into this on their end. If at all possible, would you happen to have the item number for this item so I can get the specifications checked by our merchandising team?
Yes it is 3642481 . i do appreciate your looking into this. it is a gift and i want to give them accurate info about it's capabilities.
3 x