New laptop

anniebelle

New laptop

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I already received the laptop I bought Sunday afternoon! Milo has been helping me unpack it and knock everything in the floor and spill my coffee! First obstacle was getting in out of the box! :lol: Then opening it up, using the correct side! :lol: turning it on was easy (I didn't do it) :lol: now getting it connected to the wi-fi has proven to be a problem! :oops: going to have to wait til tomorrow for help, coz I can't figure out what is wrong. I have 3 years of tech support online :roll: .
6 x

RoseyRuby

Re: New laptop

Post by RoseyRuby » 3 years ago

I'm not all that great with technology either, but you usually need your WIFI password, to get it connected to the Internet. Is that the problem? I bought a laptop (same brand, same channel) as you did, last year. I really like it!
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Must be nice ladies, my daughter still doesn’t have mine ready 😳🥴🤔 I don’t know how to get it going 😫. Better watch what I say she reads this forum sometimes 🤣
4 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Don’t feel bad. I upgraded my old cellphone to the latest one out there. It cost $65. I had no idea how to even make it answer a call. The girl at the store who was more than happy to take my money and said she was not allowed to “train” anyone. We went back & forth so many times, I left the store with beginnings of a panic attack. I had to wait 3 weeks to get to Pittsburgh & they were more than happy to help me. I would report the first girl to AT- T after she gave me some other employees card. Unbelievable. I know this makes the tech savvy people laugh, but I retired last year & not a “technician.” So it’s ok if you laugh. You will be old some day too. Good luck to everybody who uses the “new things.” 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
8 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

Most laptops now will connect to your Wi-Fi on its own, it will ask you to pick from the list that shows up, you click on yours and then it usually will ask to put in your password and done. You can also click on the Wi-Fi symbol in the bottom right corner of your laptop and all nearby wi-fi connections come up, you should see yours listed there and hit connect and again it will ask for your password.
7 x

anniebelle

It's the darnedest thing! I had two passwords I was trying last night, I thought. Just wouldn't work last night for anything. I gave up, was going to move on without wifi, but the setup voice told me it would be more difficult to come back later. So I stopped, got out my iPad! This morning I tried the second choice I had for passwords, again thinking it didn't work last night. TaaDaa!!! Hmmm! "Now let's move on to more important set ups." She said. I'm going to finish my coffee first!
7 x

Harlequin

I would have crashed my 3 or 4th one.
3 x

anniebelle

Shame on you! I haven't been on a computer for about 12 years. Knew what I was doing most of the time, not technical stuff, more software expertise. Looking at this one and stumbling along!!! :lol: :lol: Milo has already sat on it. His dusty paws got it dirty!
3 x

Harlequin

A:... I know shame on me 😂. Don’t know what I do wrong 😣. LOL
3 x

AD

Post by AD » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Must be nice ladies, my daughter still doesn’t have mine ready 😳🥴🤔 I don’t know how to get it going 😫. Better watch what I say she reads this forum sometimes 🤣
Really mother?? Fine I will fix it right now then. Love you
3 x