Bali Tanzanite

Harlequin

Bali Tanzanite

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

How on earth can SLC sell a Bali ring carved Tanzanite over 11 CT’s. For 79.99. Not to mention the necklace over 15 ctw for 97..99. Wish they would sell the Illiana or just regular tanzanite for that price. And now the cuff bracelet 15 ctw for under 200.00. Sorry but that tanzanite looks like plastic. What next earrings.
5 x

anniebelle

Re: Bali Tanzanite

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

i too thought it looked odd! certainly not good quality or they wouldn't carve it up. Looked to me more like moon kyanite!
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Gemstone cabochons, which is what they used for carved stones, are not the same quality as what they used for faceted. Cabochons allow them to hide inclusions. There is nothing wrong with cabs. I really like them as they are different. It's like a beaded necklace. They will not use facet grade for them but there is nothing wrong with them. Just different quality gems.
9 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Good morning,

Thank you everyone so much for your feedback. I have shared this with our jewelry team so they can keep it in mind for future products. I hope everyone has a great day.
3 x

silleemee

Post by silleemee » 3 years ago

It appears that the Tanzanite stones used in the Bali pieces are opaque and not 'gem quaity' so that might be why they are priced much lower.
5 x