Why the horns and bones?

RoxiJade

Why the horns and bones?

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

I appreciate the fact they we are all different, but what's up with all the Buffalo horns and bones "jewelry"? The other night Marva and Stacy were presenting them, and Marva was acting so excited about them as if they were just the best thing ever. Just now Cheryl and Annaka are showing even more of them. Besides looking like cheap plastic, it is just gross to me. IMO
4 x

anniebelle

Re: Why the horns and bones?

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I ordered just out of curiosity, hope they don't look like plastic in person. But, Marva is good at turning on the excited act at whim!!
10 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Buffalo horn jewelry is quite popular and collectable to some. Bali uses bones for their carved jewelry. No animals are killed solely for their bones or horns. These are work animals or farmed animals that they eat. They are using every part of the animal and making jewelry out of them goes back centuries. It's actually respectable to an animal that is killed to use all of it. There are entire websites/retailers that sell only horn jewelry. Just do an internet search. They explain where they source it too.
Last edited by Gemsnob 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
11 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Buffalo horn jewelry is quite popular and collectable to some. Bali uses bones for their carved jewelry. No animals are killed solely for their bones or horns. These are work animals or farmed animals that they eat. They are using every part of the animal and making jewelry out of them goes back centuries. It's actually respectable to an animal that is killed to use all of it.
Great info! Thanks for sharing!
9 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

They had these last year or the year before and I had ordered one and returned it, I did not care for it but everyone has different taste.
8 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

I bought a large eagle carved bone pendant for a male in-law of mine who is from Thailand and he loves it. I think it is appropriate for men in particular. They have some weight and don't look too glossy like plastic would. Not really my taste but when buying gifts one needs to take into account the receiver's taste over one's own.
9 x

RoxiJade

Post by RoxiJade » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
They had these last year or the year before and I had ordered one and returned it, I did not care for it but everyone has different taste.
For some reason, it reminds me of the Flintstones! Wilma and Betty could sure rock those! :lol:
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

You got it Roxijade. Love that cartoon still watch it.
2 x