Two more weeks

anniebelle

Two more weeks

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

We just received an email that we have another resident tested positive for Covid 19. Our current quarantine was to end Monday. We are all scratching our heads. How can this be happening? How is it getting in here? I'm totally loosing it being locked up for so long. My body is racked with pain from inactivity and eating too much! Someone just told me that our Governor is asking people to skip Thanksgiving this year. Our chef is preparing for us a nice dinner. Still in a styrofoam box! Bet it will look a lot like the turkey dinner we had last week!!!
7 x

RS

Re: Two more weeks

Post by RS » 3 years ago

I’m so sorry anniebelle 🥺💔

I know this year the holidays won’t be the same. We thought here that we might be able to have our kids over for a few days but with the way things are going with cases going through the roof we aren’t sure that it’s a good idea anymore.

It makes me very sad that things are so bad. Can you at least get out for a walk? Or is that not even possible right now? I still run my errands but we no longer go out or socialize 😔.
When I just need to get out I get in my car and just go....
One time I ended up in Oregon.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Oh I forgot to add...
My son just got tested again this afternoon. One of the other guys living in his house came in contact with someone who tested positive.
Please be safe.
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
We just received an email that we have another resident tested positive for Covid 19. Our current quarantine was to end Monday. We are all scratching our heads. How can this be happening? How is it getting in here? I'm totally loosing it being locked up for so long. My body is racked with pain from inactivity and eating too much! Someone just told me that our Governor is asking people to skip Thanksgiving this year. Our chef is preparing for us a nice dinner. Still in a styrofoam box! Bet it will look a lot like the turkey dinner we had last week!!!
Do the employees live there? Until employees have different schedules, of course it's getting in there! They need to work longer stretches so they aren't coming and going so often. Work a double, off 24 hours. Even in the hospitals!
6 x

Gemsnob

Miss 🦃 Day? Yeah, right. Next he will tell Santa to stay home. ☹️
4 x

anniebelle

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
Do the employees live there? Until employees have different schedules, of course it's getting in there! They need to work longer stretches so they aren't coming and going so often. Work a double, off 24 hours. Even in the hospitals!
Of course they don't live here. Working doubles is not going to happen in a place like this. Our employees are being diligent. Milo and I say hello at the doorway. I even got a flu shot yesterday standing at the door. I wouldn't let housekeeping come in two weeks ago because the virus was on my floor. It is getting decidedly unkept in here!!!
3 x

Gemsnob

If the people that live there haven't left then it has to be employees, diligent or not. Maybe the governor needs to put mandates on employees in places like that. If they want a job then they will do it. If not then they won't get paid.
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

A:.. I’m sorry to hear this again. As long as the aids others do not live there, unfortunately the virus will keep spreading, hang in there a vaccine is on its way 😊. We are about done here with quarantine, thank goodness, so far myself and grandson are well 😊 ( a lot of 🙏 )
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
A:.. I’m sorry to hear this again. As long as the aids others do not live there, unfortunately the virus will keep spreading, hang in there a vaccine is on its way 😊. We are about done here with quarantine, thank goodness, so far myself and grandson are well 😊 ( a lot of 🙏 )
Thank goodness💞 How are DD and SIL doing?.
5 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
I’m so sorry anniebelle 🥺💔

I know this year the holidays won’t be the same. We thought here that we might be able to have our kids over for a few days but with the way things are going with cases going through the roof we aren’t sure that it’s a good idea anymore.

It makes me very sad that things are so bad. Can you at least get out for a walk? Or is that not even possible right now? I still run my errands but we no longer go out or socialize 😔.
When I just need to get out I get in my car and just go....
One time I ended up in Oregon.
I can walk outside but my walker drags so on the concrete it is vey draining. i was going to just start walking my hallway and just hope I don't see anyone. I haven't gone to the mailbox all week, but just remembered I have at least two packages maybe more if I could see my orders! wish I had a car just to get away from here. when i escaped a couple weeks ago. my friend took me a long distance just for the ride. I'd almost forgotten what the world looked like. :lol:
5 x