Two more weeks

Harlequin

Re: Two more weeks

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

A:... They are young with no underlying medical problems. It’s generally older and some younger with medical problems that get hospitalized. That’s why I was a hermit. And remain vigilant throughout this pandemic 😷.
4 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

Our two weeks has just been extended to 11/29. One of my longest friends here has tested positive for Covid!!! I'm so worried about him. He's about 92 and not in the greatest health. He's been in the hospital several times with pneumonia. They're watching out for that right now. One of the residents that recently tested positive has passed away. Looked great back in the summer sitting on the front porch. Didn't look at all like 101.

Took me 4 phone calls in 4 days to speak with Head of nursing. No plans or requirement at this time to retest residents, per Dept of Health. Do I feel the need to be tested personally? Yes . . . I've been having difficulty breathing and lots of headaches. All kinds of reasons why I might feel this way, but they are going to test me tomorrow to put my mind at rest.

My friend who helped me escape a while back now works at another facility like this. They test all their employees and residents every 2 weeks. Here they have been testing employees every 2 weeks, but have only tested our residents twice since testing has been available. I'd like to know who pays for these tests besides Medicare and insurance. "It takes all day for us to test everybody here". I guess my rent isn't sufficient to cover the cost!!! Hmmm!
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

@anniebelle I was just thinking of you ❤️❤️

I just now, literally now....just found out one of the staff at my son’s house has tested positive. The staff and all the guys were tested on the same day. My son is negative. But they are now going to be testing everyone every week. No exceptions. They also now have the rapid tests that the staff nurse will administer to each household.

It’s getting so much more out of control. I will keep mum about that!

Please take care. Listen to your body and if you feel you need help, please ask for it!

I feel like I have a cold today, not feeling at all well. Awful that we have to be so nervous about feeling what used to be just a bit under the weather because now it could be so much more.

❤️❤️❤️
3 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle I was just thinking of you ❤️❤️

I just now, literally now....just found out one of the staff at my son’s house has tested positive. The staff and all the guys were tested on the same day. My son is negative. But they are now going to be testing everyone every week. No exceptions. They also now have the rapid tests that the staff nurse will administer to each household.

It’s getting so much more out of control. I will keep mum about that!

Please take care. Listen to your body and if you feel you need help, please ask for it!

I feel like I have a cold today, not feeling at all well. Awful that we have to be so nervous about feeling what used to be just a bit under the weather because now it could be so much more.

❤️❤️❤️
Glad your son is still testing negative. Is this staff the first positive test there? I'm not familiar with the rapid test; is it proven reliable? The first tests they ran here had something like 17 positives!! People freaked. Much later they discovered most of them were false positives, that being true throughout the county. They changed to a different test, from a saliva test to a nasal swab. I haven't seen the numbers in a couple days to see how bad the spiking has gotten, but today the Governor mandated a curfew put in place beginning Thursday. Not sure that it will help. Last week he requested people not celebrate Thanksgiving in the traditional way.
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

@anniebelle , this is the first person at my son’s house. There is one more at one of the other houses of the same group.
The tests they got before were the nasal swab tests and since they are a group with state regulations the results were faster than others. These new tests I don’t know if they are the saliva or swab. I forgot to ask but will remember to ask tomorrow. I hope they are accurate.
My state’s Gov. has also started to tighten things up again and also requesting no out of state travel and to keep home for Thanksgiving. I know many people plan to celebrate it as usual. I fear the aftermath.
3 x

anniebelle

As far as timing goes, when they test here on Monday it takes until at least Thursday to get results trickling in. My friend went to hospital sometime Sunday evening. His results came back this morning sometime. I expected it would be quicker in a hospital.
3 x

anniebelle

It took 4 days of nagging to get myself tested for Covid. they do not feel it is necessary for all the residents be tested again. But if you have a concern about yourself, we can test you. So late this afternoon they took the test, hoping it will go out yet today. Looks like Monday for the results.
3 x

Harlequin

A:.... If you don’t mind me asking, I hope you’re not saying you have to pay for the C-19 test. If so. ( bull ).
2 x

anniebelle

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
A:.... If you don’t mind me asking, I hope you’re not saying you have to pay for the C-19 test. If so. ( bull ).
No, she took pics of my insurance cards.
2 x

Harlequin

I thought Government said there was no cost.
0 x