Good morning all

Harlequin

Good morning all

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Good morning all, having my☕️ By my self, sure is lonely having coffee by myself, hopefully Gypsy will surprise us again soon with a ☕️ Thread soon. Hope everyone is well today 😊
6 x

anniebelle

Re: Good morning all

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

H, good morning I'm having my hot coffee right now too! Milo was busy again last night. This time he was able to get the entire Welcome mat pulled in under the door! Wonder why??? Still trying to get the stove drawer pulled out, but I have something sitting in front right now so he can only pull it a couple inches!
6 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

A:... Rotten Ramond does things like that 🤣. Try’s to get his own tuna. 🤣😂
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Good morning 🌞

Just made my first cup. ☕️ Hubby is still upstairs asleep or pretending to be. He knows I like my quiet time when I first get up.

Pesky kitties...I don’t have one anymore. Our Harley left us a few years ago now. I miss him.

Got some pesky birdies though! Hawkins in particular.

What’s on your agenda today? 🥰🥰
5 x

anniebelle

I am trying to work on a problem we are having here where I live. They have recently been treating Independents differently than assisted residents. They have been taking our temps and oxygen readings twice a day since October 22. It was always hit or miss on weekends so I called down to check on it a while ago. Our Director of nursing has decided not to give this service any longer to Independent residents, that it actually is illegal to do so! Isn't that a fine how to do? Leaves a lot of questions about my place in this community!
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
I am trying to work on a problem we are having here where I live. They have recently been treating Independents differently than assisted residents. They have been taking our temps and oxygen readings twice a day since October 22. It was always hit or miss on weekends so I called down to check on it a while ago. Our Director of nursing has decided not to give this service any longer to Independent residents, that it actually is illegal to do so! Isn't that a fine how to do? Leaves a lot of questions about my place in this community!
How can that be illegal? And I cannot think it could be if a resident requests it. I am sure you pay a lot of money to live there (I know how much money our son’s group home costs for cryin’ out loud).
I’m certain that Director has a superior...perhaps go above their head.
5 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
How can that be illegal? And I cannot think it could be if a resident requests it. I am sure you pay a lot of money to live there (I know how much money our son’s group home costs for cryin’ out loud).
I’m certain that Director has a superior...perhaps go above their head.
Yeah, it was ok to test us for Covid and and provide us with flu shots! How can we be quarantined? They cannot provide us ANY medical care because they don't have any of our medical history. They might do something to harm us!
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@anniebelle

I don't know about your state, but in my state you do not have to be a RN, LPN or even a CNA (certified nursing assistant) to take temperatures. I might add that a few stores and other establishments in my area take temperatures via a no touch thermometer. I can guarantee none of them know everyone's medical histories. I also believe one does not have to have any of the above certifications to use an oxygen or pulse monitor either. What they cannot do is interpret the results, which would be outside the realm of their their responsibilities and training.

Right or wrong I am assuming the reasoning for not providing these services for "independents" is they figure you can do it for yourself. Not saying I agree with this, but it sounds like you should track down your ox meter. And by the way, a very nice digital thermometer that you touch to your temple is available on The Big River for $15. It comes with easy to read instructions. I hope this is helpful to you.

I know it is hard to fight "City Hall" and it may not be worth the effort.

Thinking of you,
JQ
6 x

anniebelle

@JewelryQueen , Thanks for your input1 It's just another in a long line of rule changes, something different every time you turn around! It's just hard to take when you've been locked up for so very long! And I don't feel great. This week they gave us rules for Thanksgiving. If you leave the premises to be with family, your family member must be screened, everyone in the car wearing appropriate masks, etc. When you return you will be under strict quarantine for a week, relaxed quarantine for a week! My friend so wants to go be with her family, but not sure if she can stand it under those rules.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. And I feel for your friend as well, although those rules might be in the best interests of the community you live in. This is the first year my sister and I will not be hosting Thanksgiving for my grandkids and therefore not my daughter and son-in-law either. I really miss seeing those kids!! In attendance will be just my best friend that I see several times a week and who has no family in the immediate area, my son (who took unpaid time off because he did not think the safety precautions for Covid at his work were sufficient), my sister, and me. If we followed our Governor's recommendation it would be just Sissy and me. Sorry! Not happening! Puts a damper on the holiday feeling for sure.
7 x