Jello cottage cheese fruit salad

Harlequin

Re: Jello cottage cheese fruit salad

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Thank you all so much for your help 🙂. Oh by the way, does anyone like OYSTER DRESSING???
2 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

Oh yes I do love oyster dressing. My Grandpa always insisted on using only the best "select oysters" in the dressing. He's a Hoosier born & bred.
2 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Horsepower:.. I love oyster dressing. I live in Kokomo Indiana for over 40 years. Not born there, was born in Kansas City. I’m 😊
2 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I'd share the one my mom used to make if I could only remember how it went. Layered, like lime jello, lemon jello, and in the middle layer pineapple, walnuts, cream cheese? Or was it cool whip? Then I learned one from the Tupperware lady, strawberries and cool whip, jello and in a pretty jello mold, of course! I really can't stand plain jello!!!
3 x

anniebelle

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
I'd share the one my mom used to make if I could only remember how it went. Layered, like lime jello, lemon jello, and in the middle layer pineapple, walnuts, cream cheese? Or was it cool whip? Then I learned one from the Tupperware lady, strawberries and cool whip, jello and in a pretty jello mold, of course! I really can't stand plain jello!!!
OMG, by the time I finished my jello post, now you're on oyster dressing!!! YUK!!!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@Vicky

You are oh so right! That same enzyme from pineapple is what they use in meat tenderizer (or used to anyway). If it will soften up that tough ole piece of meat you can imagine what it does to jello!!
🤪me running to the store to get pineapple for my bathtub....
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
Thank you all so much for your help 🙂. Oh by the way, does anyone like OYSTER DRESSING???
I can honestly say have never had it. Growing up my mom could not stand any type of fish or seafood. My husband does not like oysters or clams (clam chowder or linguine and clams yes tho) so it has never made it to my stuffing.

I’d probably love it though!
2 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

Thanks @JewelryQueen
I didnt know that its used in meat tenderizer 😂
2 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@Vicky

You are oh so right! That same enzyme from pineapple is what they use in meat tenderizer (or used to anyway). If it will soften up that tough ole piece of meat you can imagine what it does to jello!!
🤪me running to the store to get pineapple for my bathtub....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
3 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
My Mom made the recipe you described with cream cheese and it was FANASTIC !!
4 x