“Holiday” planning help?

RS

“Holiday” planning help?

Post by RS » 3 years ago

So....

We can’t have DD & SIL here. But we want to send them a Christmas dinner. We could just buy them all the components to make it but one of the things about going to Mom and Dad’s house is mom makes everything!

So I’ve been looking for places to get one of those holiday meals delivered.

Honey baked ham is one place.
Safeway is another.

The thing about honey baked ham is DD wants MY glaze. So getting a “Honey baked” brand would kind of be pointless if she will cover their glaze with mine. Maybe? I love Honey Baked brand so I know those are good.
Has anyone ever gotten them from Safeway? They have a whole spiral ham and sides meal. Opinions? And are the sides okay?

We will be bringing their gifts up in my blue sleigh (we won’t stay though) and I can bring her a big tub of my glaze when we do.
I’m hoping this will seem a bit more like home and relaxing because they don’t have to cook. I don’t think they would cook actually. 🥺

Opinions?
TIA🥰
5 x

Gem Lover

Re: “Holiday” planning help?

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

@RS That is a great idea and a very sweet thing for you to do. I do not know of these companies you are speaking of but as long as she has your glaze I bet she would love either one.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gem Lover wrote:
3 years ago
@RS That is a great idea and a very sweet thing for you to do. I do not know of these companies you are speaking of but as long as she has your glaze I bet she would love either one.
“Honey Baked Ham” is a store that also has a website. I remember when I was young and young adult we would go to the actual store and buy them.

Safeway is a grocery store. A nicer one.

And thank you 🥰🥰

And now she’s asking for soup for Christmas Day! 😊
Okie dokey.
5 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@RS
I would go with the HBH. I've never bought, but have had, the ham dinner from Safeway and it is OK, but in my opinion a little skimpy on the sides.
6 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@RS
I would go with the HBH. I've never bought, but have had, the ham dinner from Safeway and it is OK, but in my opinion a little skimpy on the sides.
Wow skimpy! Not good. We know HBH is good. And they have sides as well. With that and what mama brings up they should be all set.
Tyty💞🥰💞
3 x

KLiz

Post by KLiz » 3 years ago

Bob Evans and Boston market both make nice meals to go you may want to look at them. K
2 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

KLiz wrote:
3 years ago
Bob Evans and Boston market both make nice meals to go you may want to look at them. K
Thanks for the ideas. I checked and unfortunately neither of those places are located anywhere near where she lives in Medford, Or. 💞💞
2 x