Today's Fun Holiday...

Jacee

Today's Fun Holiday...

Post by Jacee » 3 years ago

Take out the glitter, the yarn and your glue gun ' cause

Thursday 12/3 is Make a Gift Day.

The unofficial holiday, that encourages people to

Lovingly hand-craft 🧦🧤🧣 gifts for all their " loved ones".💕

Gifts are a way to show love and concern for recipients.
Also, as a token of respect or as a sign of forgiveness.

Do you make and/or give handcrafted gifts?

And what are they?
5 x

Harlequin

Re: Today's Fun Holiday...

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Small or medium Christmas trees real, decorate beautifully, give as gifts to some, they plant the tree in spring 😊 and watch them grow.
6 x

Jacee

H, very nice...unique and thoughtful!
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Jacee

I make all natural lotions from my recipe that i have perfected over 50 years. Lemon, coconut, lavender, orange, rose, sandalwood/frankincense/cedar for the guys, etc. I used to make soaps and candles too, but they are too much of a pain these days.

This year I put together a basket for my son with homemade trailmix and also made packets of cashew butter and almond butter (he hikes and rock climbs) and it also included wool mittens, heavy leather gloves, a wool hat, wool socks, thermal underwear, hand warmers, (he works in construction) and a container of organic local honey which he likes (he used to be a beekeeper). I obviously didn't make it all but it was assembled with love.
6 x

Harlequin

JQ:... so sweet. 😊
2 x

Jacee

JQ...Ahhh!..that is S-O-O NICE!
And...Wow!

!
3 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 3 years ago

Now you are speaking my language.

My home made items that I have lovingly put together since my teens (seventies) have always been appreciated by my recipients.

What is best about it all is that I have found people over the course of my years would fondly mention the items I've made gifted them and what it meant to receive them, how they might still be touched.

I was called upon many times in my employment comrade of during course break times to assist others on crafty projects. This would make my heart swell.
5 x

Harlequin

Jt:.... if you don’t mind me asking, what items do you make? 😊
3 x

Jacee

Jt: Great post..thanks for sharing.

Yes, it does " make ya feel real good" when your efforts are appreciated. ;)
3 x

Jt
Answers: 1

Post by Jt » 3 years ago

The items I have made over the years, are filet crochet Family Names; crocheted flower rose square afghan's which I taught co-workers. Cross stitch coasters; Torn salvage scraps crocheted into chair pads for the house and auto (saves from stains etc.)
Handkerchief ladies; Yo Yo quilt of all my children's clothes and my brother's shirt scraps found in box of scraps my mother saved.
I stitched scraps into this 2000 count yo yo quilt. My own mother was astounded...I'd got this done.
This I put together while waiting when husband received surgery after surgery, something productive to free my mind from the worry and stress. Hence, why I probably still might be in tact this day...

Along this line, I copyrighted...in 1992 or so...personal quote my personal thought for self improvement my intent to provide the blind the Library of Congress:

"Keeping the hands busy frees the mind".

Anyway, I have had many projects only to find that it kept me trudging forward.

After my double carpal surgery 2000 I no longer can do much with my hands. Except to put in a garden as best I can putting up the wares, pickles, pickled beats and green beans, all varieties of pepper, tomatoes, relish, etc.

My mother, too, had the old style brutal carpal surgery when I was a teenager. So I knew it would be coming my way. I hated to see her knuckles seize up so. Barbara was a very talented bridal creator and seamstress, her trade she learned in Kansas City, MO school of ...

I now mostly provide food on the table. My men boys hunt, where I am the processor of the deer harvest, fryer of the spring summer fish events.
In fact just 2 days ago I smoked pork ribs and the lean deer venison. Very tasty I must say.
I realize this may be grotesque or cruel or offensive to others, However I was told and read in scripture, Jesus too, was a meat eater...
God gave us a world of many opportunities.
We must me thankful and appreciative and make lemonade out of lemons if at all possible. And if we feel we can't right now, just pray and Know Jesus cares so very much for us and will never let us go...
Good Sunday Evening and thank you
Jt
Teresa
4 x