Smackdown

Spooky

Re: Smackdown

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

The only tanzanite mines that are closed are the
ones controlled by the company Tanzanite One. Tanzanite One had not paid their workers for over
22 months! Can you imagine how hard it was to survive
on no cash? Anyway, Tanzanite One controlled A & C
Blocks of the mine. B and D Block are still operating and mining. The Tanzanian government had separated the mine into these 4 blocks. The B and D blocks were for the small scale miners and the Masai tribe. The commercial aspects of mining tanzanite in A and C Block
were setup to bring some cash into the country as a whole. The wall around the mines was supposed to cut down on the smuggling of tanzanite. Makes me wonder how much of the tanzanite we see here in America was smuggled out of Tanzania
3 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Very interesting and detailed information you've posted....
3 x

honey

Post by honey » 4 years ago

when i saw that yet another tanzanite smack down was
up for saturday, i scheduled to get a root canal. :D
5 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

honey wrote:
4 years ago
when i saw that yet another tanzanite smack down was
up for saturday, i scheduled to get a root canal. :D
😂🤣😅😆🤣😂😅😆🤣😅😂🤣
2 x

Spooky

Post by Spooky » 4 years ago

What did the Bondi Blue tanzanite
look like? A washed out color?
0 x

LisaC2019

Post by LisaC2019 » 4 years ago

I love Smackdown days because I can get a lot of cleaning done :D
2 x

What-a-gem

Post by What-a-gem » 4 years ago

I’ve been watching jtv this evening. Can not stand all day smack downs anymore. Didn’t they have to cancel the Christmas smack down last year because they didn’t have enough tanzanite? Do they think that we have forgotten? Remember that big sob story? :|
Seems to me that Shop LC has had a few tanzanite smack downs, this past summer. I guess they had misplaced the tanzanite that was in the back of the vault?
2 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

Flipped through many channels—and JTV had a tray of tanzanites! Guess the shortage is coming🤣. Getting a bit bored with it myself! Oh well there’s always tomorrow 😂
1 x

Barbara

Post by Barbara » 4 years ago

I bought a beauty during the last smack down, paid for it and got another during the recent. I got burned with a multi tourmaline bracelet from another jewelry network and will never buy gemstones from them. It was so pretty on the tv, but when it arrived, talk about disappointment. Dull, lackluster and just plain poopy. That network can keep their jewelry with their special lighting and nongraded tanzanite.
1 x

TerryTalk

Post by TerryTalk » 4 years ago

I also previously purchased tourmaline from another shopping network and—bracelet and earrings and returned both because both looked nothing like what they looked like on tv! I have purchased other items from them—but the tourmalines were BAD 😢
2 x