Smackdown

Vicky
Answers: 1

Re: Smackdown

Post by Vicky » 4 years ago

Like I said. The mines are now open. As per Shoplc, there wont be any more auctions. The issue was the companies would buy the rough and take it out of the country without paying any fees. The tanzanian Govt will now sell the finished tanzanite stones directly to the public.The premium the sellers now charge us wont be there. Im not sure if the prices will be better. All I know is that Shoplc admitted that the mines are now open, but they claim the prices will be alot higher. Another scare ? All I know we were lied to by all the jewelry outlets. Only block C was closed due to a dispute. It made no sense that the Govt would spend a FORTUNE to build a wall and have the mines guarded by soldiers, if there was nothing to guard.
All I know that for a Tanzanite shortage, the shoplc Tanzanite 24 hour Smackdowns were NONE STOP. Even when we thought the 24 hours were finally up, they often extended it. Lots of my friends just switched channels. Besides Tanzanite, did you notice that recently prices are much higher, and if a item gets a 30% off coupon, the previous price is way up, so in reality, its like 10% off. It used to be exciting when if a item wasnt a great seller, on The air, they attached the coupon. Lots of sales. Now those days are mostly gone. Eventually they will realize this new way is LOSING alot of sales.
3 x

Maggie1295

Post by Maggie1295 » 4 years ago

I love my tanzanite and thanks to ShopLC, I have a very nice AA and AAA selection. I buy it because I love and wear it, not because "the mine" is closed or because I expect it to be worth a fortune someday. Yes, the tanzanite Smackdowns do make me smile. There does seem to be a never ending supply of the stuff. LOL
5 x

Tammy

Post by Tammy » 4 years ago

I have bought tanazite not even AAorAAA I took it to a jewlery they offered me 3 times what I payed I kept it took stones out of settings they are worth 5 × what I payed I love them have deep color so I figure my investment was good I never see tanazite in jewlery store's do you? Bought from Jyv QVC sent jewlery back it had a name attached but was colored glass not Tanazite Love Shop LC
0 x

Tammy

Post by Tammy » 4 years ago

I have bought tanazite not even AAorAAA I took it to a jewlery they offered me 3 times what I payed I kept it took stones out of settings they are worth 5 × what I payed I love them have deep color so I figure my investment was good I never see tanazite in jewlery store's do you? Bought from Jyv QVC sent jewlery back it had a name attached but was colored glass not Tanazite Love Shop LC
1 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

mpompadour wrote:
4 years ago
I'd love to smackdown the smackdowns. SO sick of them! :lol:
Your username is familiar. I think you are part of the QVC forum, too. Am I right? Correct me if I'm not. Smackdowns don't bother me. I think is another opportunity to buy for many people. Plus, Tanzanite is the company's trademark gem and they are known for it.
1 x

Moderator_Stephanie

Post by Moderator_Stephanie » 4 years ago

From our Education Center page on Tanzanite: https://www.shoplc.com/education/gemstone-tanzanite

Shop LC sources our supply of precious tanzanite from Block C through our partnership with TanzaniteOne Ltd.

TanzaniteOne is the largest producer of tanzanite, and Shop LC is a top Sight Holder for tanzanite. We commit to buying large parcels so that we can provide daily Low Cost while supporting an ethical supply chain. Our partnership with TanzaniteOne creates a transparent supply chain, giving peace of mind to collectors of rare gemstones. Plus, buying our tanzanite through TanzaniteOne supports the Tanzanite Foundation. Created as the charitable arm of its operations, the Tanzanite Foundation gives back to the local community by providing services such as education and improvement to infrastructure for Tanzanians.

Block C is the largest of the Blocks physically, and also produces the highest yield. Mining for tanzanite continues to rely on hand tools and traditional techniques, but Block C also benefits from modern technology, enabling a more efficient, safer, and reliable extraction of tanzanite gemstones.

In Block C, tunnels descend to depths of over 2600 feet in pursuit of tanzanite. Geological surveying performed in 2013 indicates that tanzanite reserves reach depths of over twice this depth. Challenging miners, however, is the extraction of rough. The deeper you go, the more difficult it becomes to get this stone as concerns over safety increase. This may limit operations in the future as mining companies consider alternatives to existing mining techniques.

Concerns over smuggling and adequately taxing mining firms had reached critical mass in 2018. As a result, the Tanzanian government erected a wall around the tanzanite mines. This wall and other security measures will keep trespassers out while securing the flow of tanzanite rough from the mine. This way, the Tanzanian government can ensure the future of the stone for years to come.
2 x