Smackdown

Gypsy

Re: Smackdown

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Completely agree that for a gemstone that comes from a mine that is closed there sure seems to be alot of events and smackdowns. Also know that for me to buy tanzanite now days it has to be first rate premium quality and the design needs to WOW me. Too many designs seem to look the same or are simply a solitaire and really how many solitaire rings can I have ??
4 x

Catticus

Post by Catticus » 4 years ago

Hmmmm...Brown, Gray and Green. Maybe they could use the name "Mildew"...They could switch it around to "Dewlim"...or "Dimwel".
😉
4 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 4 years ago

Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:
2 x

Kb

Post by Kb » 4 years ago

I'm tired also of the same smackdown. Especially tanzanite and diamond. I dont watch them
2 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 4 years ago

Catticus wrote:
4 years ago
Hmmmm...Brown, Gray and Green. Maybe they could use the name "Mildew"...They could switch it around to "Dewlim"...or "Dimwel".
😉
U R 2 Funny!!!!!!!!
2 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 4 years ago

CC wrote:
4 years ago
Remember when they sold bondi blue tanzanite. Wonder whatever happened to that color. I have two beautiful line bracelets, a ring and necklace..
I remember the Blue Bondi Tanzanite. Too bad that I never had a chance to buy a piece.
3 x

CC

Post by CC » 4 years ago

Margul that was the one time i got caught up in the hype of a popular gemstone at that time and I really paid way more, over $150, for a bracelet on auction that I bet I haven't worn in forever. Have never done that again. While the $150 was still under price being sold on website it's one of those things you look back and think why did I do that. I still love it but barely wear it. That's why I ,for the life of me, can't understand why people do not do their homework, and they bid prices over what you can buy item on website. Makes no sense to me.
1 x

2Blonde

Post by 2Blonde » 4 years ago

I have two bondi blue bracelets from those days. One is all bondi, and the other has regular tanzanite between the stones. They look very much like the peacock they were selling yesterday, but I paid a lot less. They are pretty good at coming up with new names for gemstones in order to garner new interest. I have enough tanzanite already, so no need to buy more. As an investment, it makes no sense for me because I'm 70 years old. This is the time of life where I should be cashing in my investments, not making more of them.

I've been researching and buying gemstone jewelry for 30 years. The world gem shows used to come to my city, so I've seen what the best gems look like and cannot be fooled. At this stage, I'm not at all interested in boring solitaire rings or one color of stones. I'm into designer styles with multi colored stones in substantial silver settings. That's why I often spend more money to purchase jewelry from another shopping source with a similar name as ShopLC, but with different letters after "shop."
4 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 4 years ago

I had did some research on the Peacock Tanzanite a while ago and it is usually natural and not heated, the article said it is much more rare but the blue is worth more due to high demand for the blue.
2 x

mpompadour

Post by mpompadour » 4 years ago

I'd love to smackdown the smackdowns. SO sick of them! :lol:
4 x