Help!

Kharailee

Help!

Post by Kharailee » 3 years ago

I bought a gold over sterling ring from Shoplc and it got real tarnished - it turned black. I tried to clean it in those cleaning solutions for cleaning gold but it remained black. It cannot use a silver polishing/cloth, as it would take out the gold layer. How do I clean this ring? It s one of my favorite rings.
3 x

Harlequin

Re: Help!

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Mine have never turned black, I use the cloths the doesn’t take my gold or platinum off. I don’t use the cleaning solutions, as I don’t want my gem stone ruined, did that back in the day never again 🥴
4 x

Moderator_Rashad

Post by Moderator_Rashad » 3 years ago

Kharailee wrote:
3 years ago
I bought a gold over sterling ring from Shoplc and it got real tarnished - it turned black. I tried to clean it in those cleaning solutions for cleaning gold but it remained black. It cannot use a silver polishing/cloth, as it would take out the gold layer. How do I clean this ring? It s one of my favorite rings.
Good Morning,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact us via chat via shoplc.com, email via customerservice@shoplc.com, and over the phone at 877-899-0078 so we can diagnose what may be occuring. Thank you for being a part of the Shop LC family!
2 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Gold over or platinum over should not tarnish. Something is fishy with that. Bali jewelry in particular, or just silver, is another matter.
4 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

I bought a red citrine gold over silver a couple years ago. The first time LC offered the stone. I kept it in a LC tarnish resistant jewelry box. I didn’t wear it much but I noticed it didn’t look right. It had tarnished real bad. I tried the cleaning clothes, jewelry cleaner. It turned the cloth black! Unfortunately I had it too long to return. I should have fought for a refund. Anyway I was desperate so I did a shock treatment I found online. It helped a little but it was a waste of money! To be fair it was the only piece I bought from LC to do this but the rarity of the stone made me upset that it would happen. I would insist on a refund. I’ve noticed LC doesn’t claim nickel free silver anymore.
5 x

Bella

Post by Bella » 3 years ago

I have a rose gold over silver ring I purchased from SLC years ago and the band tarnishes on it. I have a few other rose gold over silver bracelets the will tarnish a bit if I don’t keep them in anti tarnish plastic bags. I try to stay away from the rose gold over silver stuff anymore.
5 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

You ladies must have got duds 😩. Oh my gosh
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Bella

Rose gold has copper in it. Depending on how much copper, it can definitely tarnish.
6 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

I clean my jewelry with a little dawn dish soap with water and a tooth brush for the gemstone, I have done this for years and it works well, just the regular dawn NOT the Platinum dawn that one is to harsh.
4 x