Swarovski Authenticity ??

Horsepower

Swarovski Authenticity ??

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

I just opened the package containing item #3705406, a men's Swarovski Zirconia ring that I purchased as a Christmas gift for my son. The ring had no tag attached to the shank of the setting, but was is a plastic bag with a peel off sticker that reads Swarovski Zirconia. There is no official certification of authenticity from Swarovski included. That certification is very important to me. My son, I'm sure won't care & will be happy with the ring, however I'm paying for the ring and am not a happy customer. The 3.25 ctw solitaire does not appear to have the fire I am used to seeing in my own collection of Swarovski Zirconia and I actually looped the culet thinking it might be an element crystal with the silver paint. It's not an element. The hosts always mention the certificate when making their pitch (enter code on certificate with Swarovski to register your piece) but then don't produce. There is absolutely no SLC quality control and I suspect Swarovski ended their relationship with SLC for many of the obvious reasons.
9 x

Gemsnob

Re: Swarovski Authenticity ??

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

If I remember correctly, my purchases of Swarovski zirconia didn't have a tag of authenticity, only my Swarovski crystal jewelry came with a tag. Its been awhile since I purchased SZ.
7 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

@Horsepower

All Swarovski zirconia (NOT crystals) have that laser inscribed on the stone. It takes a higher than 10 X magnification loupe to read. The sparkle is very dependent on the faceting. It may be that the stone is not cut well.
7 x

Horsepower

Post by Horsepower » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago
@Horsepower

All Swarovski zirconia (NOT crystals) have that laser inscribed on the stone. It takes a higher than 10 X magnification loupe to read. The sparkle is very dependent on the faceting. It may be that the stone is not cut well.
Thank you Jewelry Queen. You are correct that faceting determines the intensity of the fire. It may well be a bad cut that quality control should have rejected. SLC always brags that they use only the highest grade first run AAAA (Quad A) CZ's, but I don't believe them anymore.
7 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

To horsepower and all: every Swarovski I’ve purchased from SLC has had a Swarovski certificate, a black paper for tarnish & white sticker on the little plastic bag. Blue box also. It would be worth it to take it to a jeweler & have it louped there. My plastic bag white sticker says it was made in India. If it is not sparkling, the jeweler will tell you what’s wrong. Sorry you are having problems with a Christmas gift. ❄️❄️❄️
7 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

All the Swarovski zirconia I have purchased from SLC over the last 8 years has had a tag on the jewelry, but not necessarily a certificate. But ALL have shown the Swarovski laser inscription on my 20X Bausch and Lomb loupe. One note, I have not bought any in the last year.
7 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Good morning,

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We've requested a Certificate of Authenticity be sent out to you as quickly as possible to the default address you have on file. Please reply, contact our Customer Service line at 1.877.899.0078, or email us at customerservice@shoplc.com for any additional assistance needed, and thank you for being part of our family at Shop LC.
4 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Good afternoon,

We have received notification that this particular item actually doesn't come with a card or tag stating that it’s a “Swarovski” While some pieces do indeed have such a tag, this item unfortunately does not. We apologize if this has lessened your experience shopping with us. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.
3 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

I truly think they could not get away with selling fake Swarovski. SLC does some crazy stuff, but I think with a big name like Swarovski they would not take a chance by selling something else. If there is a way they could do this, please write & let us know. Thanks & Merry Christmas. 🎄🎄🎄
3 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

Has anyone checked out the J channel for Swarovski? I some last night. Really nice stuff and the price wasn’t bad either.
2 x