SERIOUS carat weight discrepancy on this item

Gemsnob

Re: SERIOUS carat weight discrepancy on this item

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Vicky wrote:
3 years ago
There are many errors lately at Shoplc.
I just text Michele that the on air description of the champagne, yellow and Blue diamond rings are wrong.
The description states the diamonds are G-H in color.
Only white diamonds can be G-H color 🙄
The description on TV was not corrected after My text.
About 1 year ago I bought a ring from the J.
The description stated that the stones were 4.9 ct in wt.
After I received it, I called CS and told them that MAYBE the CT weight was 1 to 1.5 ct.
i received a call from them, stating they had it re-checked and the weight was 1.9 ct. not 4.9 ct
They refunded my money and told me to keep the ring.
They actually thanked me for picking up their error.
Shoplc should have done the same.

Vicky
Hi Vicky! Hope you are well. I was thinking about this earlier. I believe unless a colored diamond says "natural" it is irradiated. Maybe the diamond color grading is for when they were white? They start with white then treat them to get the color. From what I understand, the diamonds only turn a color if they would have naturally if left in the earth. Of course, I am only guessing and have not done any research. I could be way off. ♥️
5 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston

Thank you. Where have you been? You've been missed around here! I will send a detailed email and mention you in the subject. This situation has really taken the "JOY" out of this purchase. I sincerely hope you can make it right.
7 x

MsTabbyKats

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Vicky wrote:
3 years ago
There are many errors lately at Shoplc.
I just text Michele that the on air description of the champagne, yellow and Blue diamond rings are wrong.
The description states the diamonds are G-H in color.
Only white diamonds can be G-H color 🙄
The description on TV was not corrected after My text.
About 1 year ago I bought a ring from the J.
The description stated that the stones were 4.9 ct in wt.
After I received it, I called CS and told them that MAYBE the CT weight was 1 to 1.5 ct.
i received a call from them, stating they had it re-checked and the weight was 1.9 ct. not 4.9 ct
They refunded my money and told me to keep the ring.
They actually thanked me for picking up their error.
Shoplc should have done the same.

Vicky
Hi Vicky! Hope you are well. I was thinking about this earlier. I believe unless a colored diamond says "natural" it is irradiated. Maybe the diamond color grading is for when they were white? They start with white then treat them to get the color. From what I understand, the diamonds only turn a color if they would have naturally if left in the earth. Of course, I am only guessing and have not done any research. I could be way off. ♥️
Blue, yellow or champagne diamonds can't be G-H color.
If any of the hosts are graduates of GIA (I doubt it) and made such a claim it's abhorrent intentional misrepresentation. The fact that any host would make such a statement confirms my opinion of their lack of knowledge or deliberate intention to make false claims.
6 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Cheryl and Becky are both GIA graduates. I think today, people will say and do anything because it's their "job". They sell their soul, so to speak, for the almighty dollar not realizing a lie is a lie is a lie. Cheryl will say ANYTHING to make a sale. I think Becky tries to be honest but when the company isn't about quality and honesty, then everyone is participating in the lies.
7 x

MsTabbyKats

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Cheryl and Becky are both GIA graduates. I think today, people will say and do anything because it's their "job". They sell their soul, so to speak, for the almighty dollar not realizing a lie is a lie is a lie. Cheryl will say ANYTHING to make a sale. I think Becky tries to be honest but when the company isn't about quality and honesty, then everyone is participating in the lies.
That's sad.
I do buy "good stuff" on other channels (don't know if I can mention the names), but I know the hosts and their backgrounds...and I trust them. There's one that is as good as going to "the diamond exchange" (15 minutes from my home) because her prices and knowledge are excellent. To me SLC is strictly "silver". I have to admit, I have a lot of beautiful and well priced SLC pieces but that's where my purchase history ends. When they stop talking about "beautiful" I3 diamonds, maybe I'll take them more seriously.
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

Hi @Gemsnob
No way would they irradiate a white diamond that has a G-H color. Plus when they describe a diamond that has been appraised, it has to be on the color and grade of the diamond they are presenting.
Whats most annoying is what they are regularly doing to the comps they show. They show the original price of the comp and white out the sale price ( notice a large empty space below the reg price) then they forget to mention that shoplc’s diamond grade is usually a i3 while the comp shows no grade. So how can they compare. The comp Can also be a i3 or much better which would affect the price.
A solitare 1 ct D Fl diamond is about $30,000
A solitare 1 ct i3 is around $1000 depending on the color. A D color would be much more valuable then a K-l color ( in white diamonds, D is the best color that the stone can have) of course there are additional criteria that affect price, like the cut.
I am actually embarrassed that some of our hosts are GIA trained so they know that when jewelry has a price that it was originally sold for, there is always the present price they are selling it at, posted below the original price.
I introduced lots of my group to shoplc. Most left because they say they can't trust a company that alters comps to fool the viewers. Not ethical.
I am sooo disappointed when I hear hosts claim that a i3 is a gorgeous stone. I3 is the most included commercial quality diamond, with the occlusions easily seen with the naked eye.

For my young grandkids I occasionally bought a i3 if the stones were tiny. For my adult kids, I usually buy Rhapsody or illiana, so the diamond quality are VVS to SI.
I put those hi quality diamonds in my wishlist until they have a big sale and a great coupon.
In the past I got phenominal bargains at Shoplc - now its hard to find any bargains, so I had to buy holiday gifts elsewhere.
I did just get lucky and get a pair of 1 ct diamond dangle earrings from Shoplc at a great price, after I found a valid coupon.
Its coming via the DHL Snail mail.
If its nothing like the on air sample, its going right back. If its damaged, shoplc will pay for return shipping.
I bought many beautiful hundreds of bargain price items in the last few years from shoplc. Things have deteriorated. To get a beautiful item, the prices have gone way up, with hardly any usable coupons.
The other shopping channels have noticed this drastic negative change. So they stole a lot of shoplc’s customers, by lowering their prices.

I wish shoplc will change back to the truly unique site where we viewers loved to shop.

Vicky
5 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Preston

I took the time to send a detailed email to the address you posted and put your name and forum moderator in the subject line as you asked and I received a form letter response from Rajat M., Customer Service. His unacceptable solution was an offer that doesn't cover much more that the shipping cost and certainly wasn't worth the time I spent typing up the explanation and sending the email. I believe the email never got to you. Can you please look into this and make this right? Thank you. I'll be waiting for a response.
7 x

Moderator_Preston
Answers: 1

Post by Moderator_Preston » 3 years ago

Hot4TENER wrote:
3 years ago
@Moderator_Preston

I took the time to send a detailed email to the address you posted and put your name and forum moderator in the subject line as you asked and I received a form letter response from Rajat M., Customer Service. His unacceptable solution was an offer that doesn't cover much more that the shipping cost and certainly wasn't worth the time I spent typing up the explanation and sending the email. I believe the email never got to you. Can you please look into this and make this right? Thank you. I'll be waiting for a response.
Good morning,

I deeply apologize about this. The agent did send me a copy of your email after he attempted to resolve the issue. I have gone ahead and sent you a follow up email.
3 x