SERIOUS carat weight discrepancy on this item

JewelryQueen

SERIOUS carat weight discrepancy on this item

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Any Moderator
And all customers

If any of you bought, or are bidding on, the three stone Zambian emerald pendant item #3638494 be advised that the cwt provided by SLC is WAY off!!!!!!

The center stone is a 5 mm round for .48 ct. Then there are two 4 mm rounds at .27 carats each for .57 total. Then there are 10 .09 mm diamonds that add up to .04 carats. Simple math tells us that .48 + .57 + .04 has a total carat weight of 1.09. NOT 1.98 as stated in SLC's description!!

I can see being a little off, but almost doubling the actual carat weight is a mighty big error and totally unacceptable! I would be outraged and demand a refund as the product is not as described.

Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely little pendant. it's just not what they say it is. If I thought it was intentional I would call it fraudulent.
Last edited by JewelryQueen 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
14 x

Gem Lover

Re: SERIOUS carat weight discrepancy on this item

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

That happens often. I will see a caret weight listed but when I go to the item and add them up as you did they will be way off, I even called customer service about this in the past to ask the correct weight before purchasing.
12 x

JewelryQueen

@Gem Lover

They didn't just add wrong. The had incorrect carat weights for the individual stones listed. For example a 5 mm emerald is NOT .97 ct as they say. That is what caught my eye in the first place.
11 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

WHOA...🙀. I wish when they do jewelry especially rings on air they would put the t.c. w. On the main stone separate from accent stone. My pet-peeve
8 x

Hot4TENER

Post by Hot4TENER » 3 years ago

@Moderator_Danielle
I received this pendant yesterday. The tag on it reads .97 ct. emerald as shown in my picture. As the moderators usually suggest, I contacted CS by phone today. Surely ShopLC would want to know if they are fraudulent in misrepresentation of a carat weight, or so I thought. CS rep put me on hold, checked with her superior and told me the tag means the weight of one stone only. She told me that the title shows the correct total carat weight. WRONG! I’m willing to keep the pendant because it is pretty, but what a way to kill the joy! Also, I can’t help but think of all the people who paid full price and received half the carat weight they were promised. I guess I expected ShopLC to thank me because this kind of misrepresentation could lead to problems, but sadly, it seems CS just wants to appease the customer with smooth talk. Sadly, I’m not sure I can trust this company for future purchases when they don’t seem to want to even consider that the customer may be right.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
13 x

JewelryQueen

Alright Ladies and Gentlemen---these two emerald rings on the RA have incorrect carat weights as well. Items #3638495 and #3638497.

The center stone is a 5 mm round which is .48 to .50 carats--NOT 1.12 carats as stated in the description.
The two side stones are 4.5 mm rounds which are .38 carats each for a total of these two of .76 carats and not 1.12 either
The diamonds total .033 carats.

In other words the total carat weight is about 1.25 carats and not the 2.28 total carats as stated[b/] in the description.

Quite a difference,eh?
11 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Oh man, some one added wrong on the RA
4 x

JewelryQueen

And now the coup de gras--The earrings. Item #3628841 ]SLC states the total carat weight of these earrings as 1 carat. Not so!!

First they say there are 2 of the 4 mm rounds. There is one. A carat weight of .27. Then they say there are 4 of the 3 mm rounds. Clearly there re 2 for a total carat weight of both these of.24 carats. Add the diamonds with .08 carats and voila! The actual total carat weight is .59 carats.
9 x

Kat

Post by Kat » 3 years ago

Not just on these that you've mentioned but on the whole website. Whether it's the regular or the ra they should have somebody recheck the numbers, descriptions, pictures, and videos before they post anything for sale.
12 x

shopLC_alex

Post by shopLC_alex » 3 years ago

Good morning,

We are terribly sorry that this information has been presented incorrectly. We have forwarded this information to management for further investigation. We will provide you all with a resolution once we have more information.
4 x