Covid-19 Vaccine

anniebelle

Covid-19 Vaccine

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

I filled out paperwork to receive the vaccination, tentative date January 8. Have to try tomorrow to get the Q&A information that was promised. I figure I might as well take it, that I really don't have anything to lose. I've seen how quickly it can spread and I am so tired of being quarantined. Don't know why, but our assisted living folks are still receiving meals in their apartments. Perhaps many of them went home for Christmas, too many to risk exposure to others. I was hanging out a little in the lobby that day, only saw a few returning late afternoon. Who knows, they don't tell us any more than necessary.
5 x

Harlequin

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

A:....that’s wonderful news, happy you are taking the vaccine. I will as well when I’m offered it, I am in category ( 1c ) a ways off. And yes it is spreading like WILD FIRE. 😿
4 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

The CDC said not to take it if you are allergic to medications, etc. I am highly allergic to penicillin, so I will hold off getting the vaccine.

Good luck for those who get it !!

❤️Vicky
8 x

Gypsy

Post by Gypsy » 3 years ago

My brother had Covid in July, he is recovered but had to get vaccine to continue working. He was horribly sick for two days after. Now he says his arm is just really sore.

I'm was never planning on vaccine but I am also allergic to penicillin among alot of other things so definitely a NO for me

-Gypsy
8 x

anniebelle

I had to answer a lot of health questions on the paperwork I filled out yesterday. NONE of the questions asked about being allergic to medications. I recall this was brought up once before when we discussed the vaccine. My parents were told I was allergic to Penicillin when I was very little, so I have lived with that assumption my whole life. So I don't know what to think.
6 x

Vicky
Answers: 1

Post by Vicky » 3 years ago

There is so much conflicting info on who should not take the vaccine, that maybe go according to what your PMD tells you.
I just heard of a 41 y/o recently elected R congressman who died from a heart attack after being given Remdesivir for his covid19. He was married with 2 young kids, no known medical problems.
Many feel the Remdesivir has a side effect of hypotension (dropping the blood pressure too low) which can cause cardiac arrest. Others feel they should have given him Hydroxychloroquine instead.
Hindsight is 20/20
As far as the vaccine, several people had severe allergic reactions after getting the pfizer vaccine. So if you have had any allergic reaction to a med or food, and you decide to get the vaccine, you should be monitored for a while after getting the vaccine before leaving.
My PMD advised me not to get the vaccine. Others might advise otherwise.
Good luck !!
Happy new year to our Tribe and our moderators !!
I for 1 am happy that 2020 is over !!

Hugs❤️Vicky
7 x

Margui

Post by Margui » 3 years ago

My sister who is a nurse received her first dose of the vaccine. In her case no side effects. My parents should be getting it next. My brother and his family and my hubby and I would probably receive it at the end. I hope with the vaccine, this pandemic ends soon. [\color]
7 x

anniebelle

I received my vaccine yesterday. They had quite the assembly line going here! I didn't hear that anyone had a severe reaction. I knew one person who said she had feelings of exhaustion almost immediately, but I wasn't surprised! I had no reaction except the muscle in my arm was very sore! Better today but still sore! We will get the second injection in three weeks. I've heard the second one has more reactions than the first. We'll see!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
I received my vaccine yesterday. They had quite the assembly line going here! I didn't hear that anyone had a severe reaction. I knew one person who said she had feelings of exhaustion almost immediately, but I wasn't surprised! I had no reaction except the muscle in my arm was very sore! Better today but still sore! We will get the second injection in three weeks. I've heard the second one has more reactions than the first. We'll see!
I am so glad you got!!! I have also heard the second one has a more severe reaction. When DH got the latest shingles vaccine he was told the booster would make him feel like he has Covid. It made him feel bad for about a day.
We are almost positive he had Covid-19 before it was known to be in the USA. It is too late for him to get antibody test for it though.
Be well🥰🥰
2 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
FYI, you can have a reactions days, weeks, months later. It won't be an allergic reaction but you can have the risks or side effects at any time. If you notice things that aren't typical for you, keep that in mind
2 x