Item #3702414

RS

Re: Item #3702414

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Oh...and to add...

I have some BEAUTIFUL pieces, with QUALITY stones set in 10k. Not all from SLC but many are.

With the price of gold expected to exceed $4000.00 an ounce in the next couple of years manufacturers are going to that. I don’t mind it at all.

I PREFER 14k and 18k (which most of my gold pieces are) but I am not married to those carat weights.
4 x

RoseyRuby

Post by RoseyRuby » 3 years ago

I'm wondering, if you can find a quality low-cost diamond solitaire at a pawn shop? It might be worth a try, due to the current economic situation and a lot of people out of work. I do know for a fact, that diamonds have a very low re-sale value. Or, that certain online auction site. I saw one .45 ct for about $395. Pre-owned. Round brilliant, set in 14k.
4 x

CJM

Post by CJM » 3 years ago

MsTabbyKat. Maybe you have money to burn on high end jewelry stores; I don’t and won’t. Mark up on jewelry like that is upwards of 1000%. You pay for name and location. I’ve been in Tif... and saw simple diamond rings for thousands. If that’s your thing go for it. Because diamonds are tightly controlled the price is exaggerated. If the market was flooded with them they wouldn’t be worth much. Chocolate diamonds/champagne diamonds are a scam. But a brilliant marketing strategy. Before that people wouldn’t dream of buying (to borrow Gemsnobs description) driveway gravel. “Industrial diamonds aren’t my thing. But what was previously said, LC does the old bait and switch. Didn’t used to be this bad.
8 x

Moderator_Rashad

Post by Moderator_Rashad » 3 years ago

CJM wrote:
3 years ago
1/2 carat solitaire diamond ring 10k gold for $499. Don’t bother buying. It sucks. I’ll never learn. Maybe this time I have. I’m sending back and getting one off the competitive channel. LC diamonds are consistent; 99% are the worst I’ve ever seen! I’ve wanted a solitaire for so long. I can’t afford jewelry store prices.😩
Good morning,

I deeply apologize that this has happened to you. I have gone ahead and reported this issue to both our QC team and our fashion team so they can look into why this is happening. Please reach out to us at customerservice@shoplc.com with your order information so we can go ahead and make sure to make this right by you.
4 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Honestly, all diamonds are a scam perpetuated by De Beers. It's akinnto a cartel. Their brilliant marketing convinced us that we needed a diamond and man should pay 2 or 3 months of his earnings. Diamonds are not uncommon. They are found on most continents. It's the D Flawless diamonds that are rare. As far as colored diamonds, no one was really interested until Ben Affleck proposed to JLo with huge yellow diamond. ( I think it was yellow). Usually crappy diamonds are irradiated. They would have been crappy colored diamonds if left up to nature. Humans just speed up the process. Personally, I don't wear my engagement ring. I'm extremely hard on rings and have snagged prongs and loosened the stone. These days, I have several rings I can choose from . They aren't all diamonds. Daily I wear a white gold band ring and if going somewhere fun, I choose one of my alternate, not hugely expensive rings to wear with it. If I was set on a white diamond, I'd consider lab diamonds. You cannot tell like you can with colored gemstones. Right now, they are still up there in price but I expect as they become more common, the price will go down. In time, it's possible this will also effect the price of natural diamonds. I also don't wish to draw attention to myself by wearing a 500$ cz. Some a**h*** may just think I have money he wants. Also, young people today are choosing colored gemstones instead of diamonds because they have better things to do with their money.
8 x

MsTabbyKats

Post by MsTabbyKats » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
MsTabbyKats wrote:
3 years ago
A smart consumer is an educated consumer.
"Good stones" are never set in 10K. In addition, the price of diamonds is a set value, so to be to the point, if you're not paying much, you're not getting much.
Stick with silver and cz...you'll be happier.
The point is this:

SLC touts themselves as being vertically integrated thus being able to pass these supposedly HUGE savings on to the customer. Passing off junk as high quality is not what is what SLC claims nor what we, the consumers should expect.

Many of us also came here for the convenience, fun and variety.

Pay $400.00 for a silver cz piece?! NOW THAT is NOT an educated consumer.

Can I shop and have I shopped at Tiffany and Cartier and the likes????....YEP. Doesn’t mean I don’t like to shop here as well.

But as I stated above, fun, convenience and variety, along with what SLC says is value and quality. Many of those things are now missing and many of us are still here hoping for those things to reappear.

And let’s not forget when they show these “fabulous, sparkling, eye-clean 🙄” diamonds on t.v. the ones we receive are ANYTHING but. So SLC uses a mock-up piece to show live. And send the shoppers what the item really is. Classic bait and switch.

I think many of us have been burned here with the promise of quality only to be disappointed.

But don’t infer that we are not educated consumers and do not presume to suggest a silver CZ replacement at the cost of $400.00 which IMO is ludicrous.

WELCOME to the forum. 😊
First...I never said I buy at Tiffany's. I buy at the jewelry district on 47th St (right by my apt). I would never pay Tiffany's prices. IMHO...it's a museum.
Second...I was implying that if your budget is $499...you'd be better off buying silver/cz because you'd be getting a nice piece. I never said to use your "$499 budget" on silver/cz.....just that your piece of jewelry of silver/cz at any price would look nicer than an I3 diamond in 10K.
Sorry for not clarifying.
Thank you for welcoming me.
9 x

CJM

MsTabbyKat. The great thing about this forum is we all have become friends. Welcome! It is our varied experience with gems, and sharing experiences with each other that makes this place unique regardless of the company’s “problems “. I have learned so much from so many people here. It’s a great place to share just about everything. Don’t be shy expressing your thoughts and feelings, that’s how I for one learn new ideas! Many times my day was made more bearable because of everyone here! Have a great day!
8 x

CJM

Moderator Rashad. I looked at the diamond through a loupe because it looked cracked. It looked like crushed candy to me. I just took it to my local jeweler; she said the stone is full of air bubbles. You can’t see into the stone at all. To me that’s defective and unacceptable. Now the ring is listed as doorbuster; it doesn’t say clearance under the item number on the invoice. It can’t be considered doorbuster and clearance price at the same time correct? I wish to return. I can’t afford to waste money on something like this. Will Shoplc accept my return for a refund?
7 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Omg.... that’s not good!!! SEND IT BACK
4 x

DoubleLshopper

Post by DoubleLshopper » 3 years ago

Bubbles usually mean glass.
2 x