Good morning

Harlequin

Re: Good morning

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

RS:....if and when you get products ready for sale I WILL BUY IF I CAN FIND OUT HOW TO ORDER. THEY ARE ALL SO BEAUTIFUL 😊
4 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

Can't see items by count me in too.😀🍀
5 x

Boston Irish

Post by Boston Irish » 3 years ago

Saw them on other page So Beautiful! Is that called toll painting because of the style?🍀
4 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
Thank you so much @anniebelle and @Harlequin 🥰🥰🥰

I will be doing the store. As I said it had been planned. When I was on here before I talked about it.

I just had to put it on hold for a bit.
yes, yes, a store is definitely in order. Great work!!! Diggin the teapot!!!!! :)
4 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago

I can crochet and knit, but I really like to tat. Anyone else like to make lace? One problem--can't find my tatting shuttle. I'm bummed. I believe my sister has a large tablecloth that she, I, my grandmother and my great grandmother all tatted the lace medallions for. I doubt my kids would appreciate it, but it was quite a feat. I wonder if it will end up in a museum someday....
never tatted - I bet the tablecloth is awesome!
my grams made these awesome 3D doilies, starched and all......soooooo being the idiot I am...in my adult years i broke out the tiny steel crochet hooks and cotton thread and went at it....(chart and all) and lo and behold BAM i created a really nice pineapple motif doily -useful for a console table or a tea party setting or some such.....
directly after finishing and starching the edges, the steel hooks and thread were promplty put away, probably for good.....i think that experience will be a 'been there done that' scenario. :D
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

JewelryQueen wrote:
3 years ago

I can crochet and knit, but I really like to tat. Anyone else like to make lace? One problem--can't find my tatting shuttle. I'm bummed. I believe my sister has a large tablecloth that she, I, my grandmother and my great grandmother all tatted the lace medallions for. I doubt my kids would appreciate it, but it was quite a feat. I wonder if it will end up in a museum someday....
My Gramma who crocheted also tatted. I remember when I was in Jr. High she made me a bunch of lace collars with little pearl buttons. I would wear with angora sweaters. I loved them.

That was back in the “Gunny sacks” days of dresses. Remember those? My aunt designed for them.
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Boston Irish wrote:
3 years ago
Saw them on other page So Beautiful! Is that called toll painting because of the style?🍀
Thank you🥰🥰

The style is called “one stroke”. Kind of like tole painting. But this has more shading than tole. I used to do tole quite a bit...it was in style several years ago. My dad made furniture...chests, small hutches, etc. he would build them and stain and finish and I would paint them in tole.
My dad has been gone now several years...that was quite a few years ago actually now. 🥺
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

JA wrote:
3 years ago
Wow they're all beautiful. I really like the elephant-teapot? I forget stuff so fast anymore-but anyway just love it
Thank you 💞💞

Yes...the elephant is a teapot. I have a whole herd of them in different colors. I kept one and one is spoken for (yellow). Daughters BFF from high school (like our second daughter) wants it!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

RikkM wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
Thank you so much @anniebelle and @Harlequin 🥰🥰🥰

I will be doing the store. As I said it had been planned. When I was on here before I talked about it.

I just had to put it on hold for a bit.
yes, yes, a store is definitely in order. Great work!!! Diggin the teapot!!!!! :)
It’s coming! And thank you. I love the elephants💞💞

I gave some pieces away as Christmas gifts...I was actuallly having a difficult time letting the pieces go. But that’s the point isn’t it. But I felt I had “bonded” with all of them!🤣
5 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

RS:....showed my daughter your paintings, she loves them all😊. She wants an elephant one!!! I want one of each!!!😊😊
4 x