Good morning

Harlequin

Re: Good morning

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

RS:.... I’m happy for you and your husband, I think once I’m able to get mine I will feel better. Only been to Dr. and drive through pharmacy since last March 🙁and no!!!! Where else, no wonder I’m depressed and bored. I’m so ready to get out and about again. How did you get yours so quickly 🙂
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Harlequin wrote:
3 years ago
RS:.... I’m happy for you and your husband, I think once I’m able to get mine I will feel better. Only been to Dr. and drive through pharmacy since last March 🙁and no!!!! Where else, no wonder I’m depressed and bored. I’m so ready to get out and about again. How did you get yours so quickly 🙂
I hope you get your soon.

It’s kind of odd...when DH got the call he went right down because doses were being released because hardly any healthcare workers showed up.
Then they told him to call me to come down and I did.
While waiting in line I could see the miles of cars starting to line up. There were several people walking the lines of cars, handing out water, helping with filling out paper, answering questions etc.
One told me they just announced that they would give them to anyone who wanted them. They had quite a large quantity and wanted to “get shots into arms” is what she said.
After getting the shot they have you pull into a parking lot of a church across the street to wait for 15 minutes. That’s to make sure you don’t have reactions.
That area was filled with EMTs on standby.
The whole thing was extremely well organized and orchestrated.

When I woke up this morning I had no inkling that there would be a vaccine for me or even DH today.

ANDDDDD.....just got a call from my son. He just left and I on the way to a different site (especially for them) to get his.

Now daughter and SIL need theirs.
4 x

RikkM

Post by RikkM » 3 years ago

congrats @RS!
hang in there @Harlequin.
I will be sooooo ready to get mine......same here....go no where....look at the walls til i start to drool and blubber and rattle nonsense language and sit in the corner. HA!
I am so used to ordering EVERYTHING online.....that's how i got stuck on the ole LC!!! It's a completely disfunctional addiction....yelling and condescending hosts....sketchy RA.....funny one liners.....glitches galore..... :o
Totally understanding how people move off grid and become hermits.
I sometimes wonder......what the new 'normal' will look like whenever it does occur.

keeping the faith and sweatin the details
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
@RS , so glad your hubby was able to get a vaccine! Is it a one dose or two dose version?

At least they didn't completely empty my cart! I guess someone else wanted those earrings as much as I did! Everything else is intact since last night. Hope I can find something to finish out the cart with free shipping!
It’s a 2 dose. Next one in 28 days. They gave us an immunization card (she called it a vaccine passport) to show we got the first one and the date and authorization to get the second one.

And even folks like me who have had the virus get the shot.

Hold on everyone...vaccines are out there.
3 x

anniebelle

Post by anniebelle » 3 years ago

RoseyRuby wrote:
3 years ago
Anniebelle, when he bites you does it draw blood? My cat (still kittenish, she's going to be 2yrs old in May), was biting me, when I comb her (I use something called a Poodle Rake--it's a very wide tooth comb) and it was pulling her hair. She drew blood one day, so I showed her and told her what she did. Believe it or not, she stopped biting me and only bites the comb now!
Yes, he draws lots of blood! For what it's worth, Milo bites the spray bottle!
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

@anniebelle ...you said you’re bored. Do you have hobbies?
4 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
@RS , so glad your hubby was able to get a vaccine! Is it a one dose or two dose version?

At least they didn't completely empty my cart! I guess someone else wanted those earrings as much as I did! Everything else is intact since last night. Hope I can find something to finish out the cart with free shipping!
It’s a 2 dose. Next one in 28 days. They gave us an immunization card (she called it a vaccine passport) to show we got the first one and the date and authorization to get the second one.

Why didn't I know that you had had the virus? My memory must be slipping!
3 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
anniebelle wrote:
3 years ago

Why didn't I know that you had had the virus? My memory must be slipping!
Uhm, I actually don’t think I said I did here in the forum. I mentioned it to someone else online and I don’t think I was believed. I just kept it to myself after that.
So no,,,your memory is just fine. Like a steel trap I’d say🥰
3 x

anniebelle

RS wrote:
3 years ago
@anniebelle ...you said you’re bored. Do you have hobbies?
Yes, I used to once upon a time!!! Now it seems like nothing holds my interest! I don't even read much like I used to! Somewhere along the line SLC became a hobby in more way than one! We used to have activities here, like an arts & crafts class. Silly to think I was hooked on Bingo, 3 days a week. Card games, Dominoes. God, I sound like an old person!! :lol:
3 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

I thought you had it. But you’re husband didn’t if I,REMEMBER RIGHT 🙂
2 x