So...what...

Jacee

Re: So...what...

Post by Jacee » 3 years ago

When my husband was working, he,too, was required to get the flu shot...every year..

And every year...got the FLU a day or two later..

After that..I have never had a flu shot..
And not the flu. ;)
3 x

Lulu

Post by Lulu » 3 years ago

RS wrote:
3 years ago
@Jacee thats awful!

Was that before the MMR vaccine was out? Maybe in the earlier days when it was separate it’s like the flu vaccine now. Every year they try to isolate the predominant strains. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they miss the mark. But we all get the flu vaccine each year and have never had a reaction to it or gotten the flu from it. My husbands job required he get the flu vaccine and we sure didn’t want him bringing home any more creeping crud that he was already likely to do. He did bring home some doozies when he was flying to South America every week. Ughhhhh....

My kids both had the MMR and have never had any of those sicknesses. I am so sorry your son did.

My husband, son and I all got this Covid vaccine and will get the booster. Our DD and SIL will too. This is just too deadly, in our opinion, for us to risk not having the vaccine.
That's good that they didn't just let it sit there. I think there is a time limit involved with the vaccine. I'd like to say that you were in the right place at the right time; but, given that there have been reactions to the Moderna I'm not so sure. :lol:
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Lulu wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago
@Jacee thats awful!

Was that before the MMR vaccine was out? Maybe in the earlier days when it was separate it’s like the flu vaccine now. Every year they try to isolate the predominant strains. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they miss the mark. But we all get the flu vaccine each year and have never had a reaction to it or gotten the flu from it. My husbands job required he get the flu vaccine and we sure didn’t want him bringing home any more creeping crud that he was already likely to do. He did bring home some doozies when he was flying to South America every week. Ughhhhh....

My kids both had the MMR and have never had any of those sicknesses. I am so sorry your son did.

My husband, son and I all got this Covid vaccine and will get the booster. Our DD and SIL will too. This is just too deadly, in our opinion, for us to risk not having the vaccine.
That's good that they didn't just let it sit there. I think there is a time limit involved with the vaccine. I'd like to say that you were in the right place at the right time; but, given that there have been reactions to the Moderna I'm not so sure. :lol:
I agree it’s good that they got them to people and not waste them. I DO think DH was in the right place at the right time and DOUBLE for me.
Ours was the Moderna. DH isn’t feeling well. Me...I FEEL GREAT!
4 x

Amy

Post by Amy » 3 years ago

Hi everyone! I worked in healthcare all my life & it was required to get a flu shot every year. Never had a bad reaction or the flu. My age group isn’t scheduled here in Ohio til first 2weeks of February. Wish it was sooner to get it over with. 😷😷😷
4 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Amy wrote:
3 years ago
Hi everyone! I worked in healthcare all my life & it was required to get a flu shot every year. Never had a bad reaction or the flu. My age group isn’t scheduled here in Ohio til first 2weeks of February. Wish it was sooner to get it over with. 😷😷😷
I have no idea when my age group was originally even scheduled. Things just worked out a lot differently than they planned. I am very grateful I got it.
4 x

JewelryQueen

Post by JewelryQueen » 3 years ago

Just for informational purposes it takes two weeks after being vaccinated for the flu for the vaccine to be effective. It takes that long for the antibodies to build up. If you get the flu before the two weeks you were already exposed. I will say I do get very sick from the flu vaccine, so I don't usually take it as I haven't had flu in at least 11 or 12 years. Might even be 15 years.
6 x

Jacee

Post by Jacee » 3 years ago

Re: Info..JQ...maybe I shouldn't have put day or two later... or in parentheses.

.but HE DID get the flu Sometime AFTER the flu shot
5 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

Vaccines can and do cause the very thing they say they prevent. Flu vaccine can cause respiratory illness and that's what the flu is. Whooping cough vaccine can and does cause whooping cough. It's why commercials for immune suppressing meds say if you OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD gets a vaccine, tell your doctor. Every human on this planet is different. It's impossible to say vaccines don't cause illness, disorders or disease. Why, when it comes to vaccines, do people assume they are the only thing on the planet that is safe for everyone? Nothing is! I'd bet my life that most of you would be sick if you read a vaccine package insert that lists ingredients and possible side effects. If you don't do well after a vaccine, I'd seriously think twice about a vaccine that requires more than one shot. I'd seriously think twice about a vaccine that couldn't have been studied because it was rushed to market. They are keeping track of how people react because they don't know! No way I'm being a guinea pig for anyone.
5 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Gemsnob wrote:
3 years ago
Vaccines can and do cause the very thing they say they prevent. Flu vaccine can cause respiratory illness and that's what the flu is. Whooping cough vaccine can and does cause whooping cough. It's why commercials for immune suppressing meds say if you OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD gets a vaccine, tell your doctor. Every human on this planet is different. It's impossible to say vaccines don't cause illness, disorders or disease. Why, when it comes to vaccines, do people assume they are the only thing on the planet that is safe for everyone? Nothing is! I'd bet my life that most of you would be sick if you read a vaccine package insert that lists ingredients and possible side effects. If you don't do well after a vaccine, I'd seriously think twice about a vaccine that requires more than one shot. I'd seriously think twice about a vaccine that couldn't have been studied because it was rushed to market. They are keeping track of how people react because they don't know! No way I'm being a guinea pig for anyone.
I totally respect you and your views. We did what we felt was right for us.
7 x

Gemsnob

Post by Gemsnob » 3 years ago

I also cannot understand why an employer thinks it's ok to mandate a vaccine that they cannot guarantee will protect you, cannot guarantee will not harm you and cannot be undone if you get sick. It's invasive. You cannot remove it. Better be darn sure it's a good choice. People are so complacent, ask no questions and roll up their sleeves or those of their children and have no clue what's being injected. If I took one syringe of any vaccine and stuck it in your drink, I'd go to prison for trying to poison you. An injectable vaccine goes straight into your system and crosses the blood-brain barrier.
4 x