Double Charged!!

D-Flawless

Double Charged!!

Post by D-Flawless » 3 years ago

Has anyone else been double charged lately? I put in an order this morning for $236.44 using a debit card and something made me go online and check my account....low and behold...I was charged TWICE for $236.44! And they are both “authorized” transactions too...not pending! I immediately called Customer Service only to be given the run around that one charge was a “pre-authorization” and the other was the actual charge! But the entire $472.88 is now gone from my account! They told me this is a “new procedure” and one of the charges ‘should’ drop off in ‘a few days’! Say whaaaat?!¿ So now every time I order something I have to double pay for “a few days”?!¿ TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! I hate to say this will be my LAST order with ShopLC after shopping here for nearly 14 years but I refuse to pay double for every order from now on! This is ludicrous, egregious and the final straw! To say that I’m angry right now is a gross understatement! 🤬🤬🤬
14 x

RS

Re: Double Charged!!

Post by RS » 3 years ago

Yes D....I have had that happen before and have posted about it.

I was furious. Took about a month for it to drop off. The card I use exclusively for SLC (for this and other reasons) couldn’t reverse the charge because it was “pending” but as it is a debit card the funds were still tied up.

Mod Preston offered to fax or call in and have it removed. It wouldn’t work for me because that card doesn’t work the same as others. But maybe that will work for you?
11 x

Ariana

Post by Ariana » 3 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
3 years ago
Has anyone else been double charged lately? I put in an order this morning for $236.44 using a debit card and something made me go online and check my account....low and behold...I was charged TWICE for $236.44! And they are both “authorized” transactions too...not pending! I immediately called Customer Service only to be given the run around that one charge was a “pre-authorization” and the other was the actual charge! But the entire $472.88 is now gone from my account! They told me this is a “new procedure” and one of the charges ‘should’ drop off in ‘a few days’! Say whaaaat?!¿ So now every time I order something I have to double pay for “a few days”?!¿ TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! I hate to say this will be my LAST order with ShopLC after shopping here for nearly 14 years but I refuse to pay double for every order from now on! This is ludicrous, egregious and the final straw! To say that I’m angry right now is a gross understatement! 🤬🤬🤬
Unacceptable!

This crosses the line!
10 x

D-Flawless

Ariana wrote:
3 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
3 years ago
Unacceptable!

This crosses the line!
Exactly! I’m 99% certain it’s illegal too! I used to be a Senior Accountant at a bank and you just CANNOT tie up people’s funds like that!!
12 x

D-Flawless

RS wrote:
3 years ago

I was furious. Took about a month for it to drop off. The card I use exclusively for SLC (for this and other reasons) couldn’t reverse the charge because it was “pending” but as it is a debit card the funds were still tied up.

Mod Preston offered to fax or call in and have it removed. It wouldn’t work for me because that card doesn’t work the same as others. But maybe that will work for you?
Hey RS! I cannot believe they are doing this to everyone now! No one would be shopping here! It has to be a mistake that they refuse to fess up to! I usually use PayPal because it’s easier to open a case against a fraudulent vendor with them and they act FAST to get your money back! But this time I didn’t bother! It figures! I bought a 12 carat Kunzite ring recently and they didn’t do that...good thing or I would have flown to Austin for retribution! I’m REALLY sick and tired of receiving jewelry with missing stones and boxes full of broken glass and orders are taking longer and longer to arrive! Most take two full weeks now. Add double charging to the mix and me thinks I need to find a new hobby...STAT! I’m truly sad and exasperated because I’ve shopped here 14 years in April! No one seems to care anymore...the Floor Supervisor was laughing at me because I was so livid about paying nearly $500 for a $200 order! Seriously?!? And none of the Customer Service reps seem to understand the situation these days...they are poorly trained and I always get someone in Mexico who can barely speak English and I don’t speak fluent Spanish! This is just plain WRONG!!!
12 x

Gem Lover

Post by Gem Lover » 3 years ago

This is wrong on so many ways. I would be livid too.
13 x

RS

Post by RS » 3 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago

Hey RS! I cannot believe they are doing this to everyone now! No one would be shopping here! It has to be a mistake that they refuse to fess up to! I usually use PayPal because it’s easier to open a case against a fraudulent vendor with them and they act FAST to get your money back! But this time I didn’t bother! It figures! I bought a 12 carat Kunzite ring recently and they didn’t do that...good thing or I would have flown to Austin for retribution! I’m REALLY sick and tired of receiving jewelry with missing stones and boxes full of broken glass and orders are taking longer and longer to arrive! Most take two full weeks now. Add double charging to the mix and me thinks I need to find a new hobby...STAT! I’m truly sad and exasperated because I’ve shopped here 14 years in April! No one seems to care anymore...the Floor Supervisor was laughing at me because I was so livid about paying nearly $500 for a $200 order! Seriously?!? And none of the Customer Service reps seem to understand the situation these days...they are poorly trained and I always get someone in Mexico who can barely speak English and I don’t speak fluent Spanish! This is just plain WRONG!!!
Well...in many ways you and I could be twins here! This happened to me before the holidays so not too recent. But it happened three times in a row.
I didn’t even know SLC has been around that long. I’m going on 3 years...I think.

And OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE A SUPERVISOR WAS LAUGHING AT YOU 😡😡‼️‼️‼️. That just....whoa....just unacceptable. Where is the accountability here??!!!! And heck yeah you should be livid. Mine wasn’t even as much as yours. But it was my money and what was done was wrong.

They are doing you wrong.

@Moderator_Connor
@Moderator_Alex
@Moderator_Preston

Really...something needs to be done here!
10 x

Moderator_Connor

Post by Moderator_Connor » 3 years ago

D-Flawless wrote:
3 years ago
Good Afternoon, D-Flawless!

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you recently! We'd be happy to get this looked into and resolved for you. If you could, may you please send in an email to customerservice@shoplc.com with the order information related to the double charge, and tag any of us in the Moderator Team in it as well. We will look into this and check why the charge happened twice and go about getting it reversed for you. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by this!
0 x

Harlequin

Post by Harlequin » 3 years ago

Oh my....seriously!!!!
5 x

D-Flawless

RS wrote:
3 years ago
D-Flawless wrote:
3 years ago
RS wrote:
3 years ago

Well...in many ways you and I could be twins here! This happened to me before the holidays so not too recent. But it happened three times in a row.
I didn’t even know SLC has been around that long. I’m going on 3 years...I think.

And OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE A SUPERVISOR WAS LAUGHING AT YOU 😡😡‼️‼️‼️. That just....whoa....just unacceptable. Where is the accountability here??!!!! And heck yeah you should be livid. Mine wasn’t even as much as yours. But it was my money and what was done was wrong.

They are doing you wrong.

@Moderator_Connor
@Moderator_Alex
@Moderator_Preston

Really...something needs to be done here!
Unbelievable! Seriously! I called my bank and they told me there were two distinct charges...so I filed a fraud claim. One charge says “TJC*ShopLC” and the other says “ShopLC” so it looks like they definitely processed two payments! (TJC was their original name, of course) I’m NOT pleased! Over the last 14 years I’ve spent enough here to buy a house in Malibu and a fleet of Ferraris! Good God! Have your orders been taking longer and longer to arrive too? That’s another thing that makes me crazy! Welllll....after 14 years I definitely have ENOUGH jewelry so maybe this is God’s way of telling me to cut the cord! Who knows?!¿¡🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
8 x